2 Ton Low Profile Trolley Jack For Less Than £10

FERRINO

Guest robinj66

I too have received my cancellation emails :bad:

The price stated by amazon ( or any other retailer ) is only an offer to trade -- they don' have to accept your offer to buy. May not be quite the right terms but that's how the cookie crumbles.

It's been a while since I had the contract law books out and my memory may be a little rusty but...

I agree with Florin - their "price" is an invitation to treat but you then accept (an "offer") and Amazon then confirm ("acceptance"). Thus we have an offer, acceptance, an intention on behalf of both parties to be legally bound. The only thing missing is the "consideration" (the money you pay). So long as funds haven't been transferred then the contract is not yet legally fulfilled.

What I'm not sure of is when funds are actually transferred when paying by credit card. Or by debit card. What is the situation when paying by Paypal?

Also I haven't yet had a chance to study Amazon's T & C's

I have replied with a complaint to Amazon that they should either honour the order as it is not my fault they priced it incorrectly.

I thought that if the price was agreed upon, that suppliers are obliged to sell the goods at that price?

Oh well, at least it cost nowt ... :)

Simon.

Only if payment is taken, which it wasn't.

I thought this would be the case.

However, I did receive this ...

"Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience cause to you by this situation.

I regret that the pricing error occurred and I'm sorry that you are disappointed with our decision to cancel your order ..."

and they referred to their T&Cs later on too.

Oh well, that's final. ... EOL.

Simon.

Guest robinj66

Unfortunately I have now had a look at the T & C's.

Firstly they include an agreement that all transactions are governed by the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and they expressly exclude any European legislation relating to the sale of goods.

The terms and conditions also include the following ....

"Your order is an offer to Amazon to buy the product(s) in your order. When you place an order to purchase a product from Amazon, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the "Order Confirmation E-mail"). The Order Confirmation E-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered. We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when we dispatch the product to you and send e-mail confirmation to you that we've dispatched the product to you (the "Dispatch Confirmation E-mail"). "

So basically, as previously expected, we are well and truly not getting our bargains! :sorry:

Think on this -- Chris above ( just to take a trader at random) puts a price of say £1000 on a car --- the wind or some other agent -- removes a zero ( or two ) how long would he remain in business.

Same has to go for some Amazon minion who can't be bothered to check figures posted.

Very true Bob you need the 0's ;) with out them you would soon go down the pan.

Here someone who loves a 0 or 2 or 3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/76-US-PRO-TOOLS-TOOL-CART-TROLLEY-WORKSTATION-BOX-RED-/161424829447?pt=UK_Garage_Equipment_Tools_Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item2595ab6c07

Guest aidankinnell

Amazon won this time, however we all normally manage to save a bit of money with them. Thanks partly to their tax status and their buying power. Most uk companies are structured to pay very little tax, Amazon are one of the few to generally keep their prices low