Want To Start Monthly Staffordshire Meet

Guest mdav1970

Guest mdav1970

Hi all,

I cannot find a meet thats remotely local to central midlands / Staffordshire, so i want to see if anyone would be interested in having a monthly meeting held in Staffordshire, either around Stafford / Stoke on Trent or North Staffs area which is always a nice drive out, like near Alton Towers. I do have a couple of locations in mind and already attend a couple of local classic car shows throughout the summer.

Im sure there must be a few people in this area, so anyone with any ideas or intrrested please let me know.

Cheers...Mark

The Staffs meetings were held at the Darlaston Inn nr Stone on the A34/51 jct, but as there is now no area sec there is nothing formally organised. A few of the group still get together there, usually on the second Thursday of the month in the evening to chat or get out for a drive depending on the time of year etc.

If that doesn't suit why not put yourself forward for area sec, that will give you a full set of contact details for all those in your area. Then pick a meeting place, day and time, get the word out to the members and then sit and wait to see who turns up. Once you're up and running it's pretty easy to keep your group aware of what's going on either via this forum, group email, text or your facebook, twitter etc. Give it a whirl, it costs you nothing but the gains are plenty.

• Like 1

Just to add to what Steve has said, if you started with the same venue and dates as the previous Staffs meets it might be easier to get something up and running again because previous attendees will know where to go.

I'm very fortunate that I've got a great bunch of guys in my area who make my job easy - I basically just post the meetings on the forum and they turn up. There's a core of about 8 people who'll always turn up and then the remainder who come when they can make it. Interestingly we still get a lot of people turn up who never come on the forum or maybe come to one meeting in the summer - they just know where and when we meet (which has been the same for years).

My predecessor in the Area Secretary role did a lot of work building up our meeting to the state it is now but when he stood down and I took over, I knew I wouldn't be able to devote as much time to it as he did, so I just try and keep the meetings going and keep in touch with people as best I can.

For me the most important thing is that members in my area know that there are other members that they can contact if they need help or advice and that they shouldn't be afraid to ask.

• Like 1

Guest mdav1970

Hi,

So what's the best way to know who still attends the meet in Stone, just turn up and see who's there? Or is there somewhere I can obtain who attends where?

Mark.

You should have got a list with your membership pack of members in your local area which would be a start. (List from end of 2014 indicated over 20 members). It might also be worth looking through some of the old events posts for the Staffs meetings and see who confirmed that they'd attend.

It's worth remembering that there may well be forum users (as opposed to club members) who'd be interested and the only way to contact them would be to stick a post on here so as a starting point I'd get a new event posted and take it from there. Hopefully someone who's on here who attended the meetings in the past will be able to give some idea of the attendance (attendees)?

Guest mdav1970

Thanks for that, i havent received the members pack as yet, only paid the membership a couple of weeks back, so i will take a look when i do and more than likely post a meet on here for somewhere local and message local members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mdav1970

Ok so now the cars on its way to being back on the road after thee winter hibernation, im looking to get a local club meet up and running. The Barlaston Inn on the 2nd Thursday of the month seems like a good start to see who already turns up. Its a nice 30 minute country drive out as well.

I was also looking for a meet on the 1st day the cars back on the road for anyone who fancies a trip out. This would be Sunday 1st March, as cars sworn till then. Was thinking of meeting in the market square carpark in Leek, Staffordshire. The cars would get a lot of attention of the locals, and then plan a drive from there.

Open to suggestions and ideas.

Mark

Guest jetskijase

Hi mark

I use to be the area sec for staffs etc. there is a normal group of about 8-10 which will be going this Thursday 12th fen. Meet about 7.30 for food drinks etc, darleston inn on a34.

If your up for having a go then Iam sure the lads will be ok me passing on there details etc. we can have a chat Thursday if you want.

Cheers

Jason.

Guest mdav1970

Hi Jason,

Yeah please do, i wont be in the RH this time around as the cars on stands whilst i get a few things sorted, and sworn till end of the month, but it would be good to meet up.

Thanks.

Mark

Guest mdav1970

Hi Jason,

Just found out i have the kids guides run tomorrow so may not be able to make it. If i cannot i was hoping maybe someone could mention if people wanted to meet in Leek market square on Sunday the 1st March as a drive out?