Cheap Caravan Wanted

keith kelly

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi , i would agree with post above lunar and bailey are the lighter vans . Would look at bailey first , easy to get spares direct from Bailey . I work for a dealer in Wales . If any at vice needed please ask.

Cheers Neil.

Just one after thought / bit of advice...check tyre age carefully when you buy. Tyres will have an age code on them, easily found on a search engine.

Anything approaching or over 5 years old budget for replacements (some of the single axle vans need 8 ply higher load rated tyres). Its just not worth risking - blow outs are very bad news, mostly for safety reasons but if you are lucky to escape unharmed, the damage through the thin plastic wheelarches from a disintegrating tyre can be unbelievable and cost more than a budget van is worth to repair.

Edited by Andy Spencer

Good point raised by Andy above.

Most (not all) tyres will have a 4 digit number usually in a raised box. This is the date code and is the week number and year.

Eg... 3412 would translate into week 34 year 2012.

HTH.

• Like 1

Keith, just buy a van that's big enough for your needs, don't worry about towing it, if the boss is willing and capable of towing, then that leaves you to have fun driving the kit to the shows, it works for us (probably going to be in trouble for saying all that)

Ivan

• Like 1

Picked up a 4 berth super sprite, everything works, with awning and ancilliaries. cheap enough to allow me to use it for afew years see how we get on and sell without losing any money. the idea then if we like it upgrade to something nicer when i dont have the childcare bill lol.

Welcome to the rhocar caravan club. You will not believe how much easier it is with a caravan. Now that we are used to it we can pack up our five berth van, awning, toys,,food, clothes and all the other paraphernalia and be on the road in under an hour.