Snow Tyre Spray?

agent_zed

came across can's of snow grip tyre spray on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Slip-Free-Winter-Tyre-Grip-Spray-Aerosol-400ml-Grip-On-Snow-And-Ice-/400846499246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d54502dae

anyone tried it?

obviously not a patch on snow chains but we never get enough for chains. I had fun few minutes getting out of the work carpark the other day in the bmw and the way out is up and round 180 degrees. wheel spinning all the way... wondered if this would help

ha yes thinking about it a bucket of sand/grit will cost me basically nothing (currently doing some building work).

The other thing i read that a lot of people might not know is that if you are wheel spinning it says to turn the traction control off (well my BMW does). Obv turn it back on once you are out and clear.

I've only had a car with traction control for a couple of years. Last year on a safe bit of road i turned it off when there was a layer of fresh snow and the back end was all over the place.

-4.5 this morning, big patch of ice on the road to work this morning, saw a mondeo over the bank with the police aware sticker. oops