Failed Iva Southampton

Guest Jonnyround2003

Guest 2b cruising

Engine age codes are published in the Burton Performance catalogue and have been used at SVA & IVA for years

There are clamps you can buy on eBay to limit rack movement or you can use jubilee clips inside the rubber boots on the rack part

item number 181157243041 on eBay. Fit these to your steering rack to limit your steering lock. Easy to fit and do the job well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fitted a split rubber pipe to the handbrake cables so the cable themselves wouldn't rub,

then used two big tie wraps, one round the pipe, but left loose, the second through it then round

the angle iron support I had fitted to support the cable ends.

I just used a jubilee clip on each end of the rack...so I didnt have to disassemble it.

Edited by Bob Tucker

Guest Ian & Carole

If I were to use the lock stops off ebay I would cut them in half, fit them and then tack weld them back together to save stripping the rack, I like Bob just used two large jubilee clips for SVA but they fell off two weeks after the test . :pardon:

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest mdav1970

Hi Jonny,

Not a bad list at all, and all the answers have already been posted. For the engine age i took a colour printout of the Burton engine year chart from off the website, that was accepted so long as the tester could read the number on the engine and match it to the chart.

With the handbrake cables i added pieces of rubber pipe around the parts that could possibly touch, that seemed ok.

I had the same exhaust clamp issue, got the correct one off Kit Spares, although there are alternative suppliers ;)