V5 Arrived Today

Richard Grove

Having read other posts about the problems with DVLA registration I was expecting the worst.

Sent my application forms off on Jan 3rd and received the V5 back today without having to make a phone call or anything. Amazing.

No sign yet of any of my original documents but hey I have the V5.

Off to get the number plates made up this afternoon. Exciting!

Richard

Think you should also have a form which gives you authority to purchase number plates -- & telling what documents are needed to accompany this form. Sorry if I'm wrong -- no wish to rattle your cage at this final hour.

Halfords did a set for me with a certificate of insurance and a utility bill to prove that I was the insured person. Did have a bit of a disagreement with matey behind the counter as to whether I was entitled to them or not but I was only following the instructions on their website. He was that close to me getting the misses out of the car as she was the one who had looked it up. Didn't know how lucky he was. Plates were damn expensive though, normally get mine done on eBay for about six quid each, these were twice that but I needed them that day.