New Car Advise

Guest tom-zero

Guest tom-zero

I love my ep3 civic type r so will prob end up keeping it unless I can find something I love to replace it with.

But i Just keep having an urge to try something else for a while. But for me to get rid of the civic I would want either something rwd with enough power for me to learn to control a rwd b4 the zero is complete I'm thinking mr2 turbo but unsure on reliability. Or something with massive power like 300-350bhp so I can experience that before joing the real world and buying a house and probably a diesel lol

the only other problem is I can't spend anymore than 2.5k as this is what I can sell the type r for. I've been looking at all I can think of early m3 or scooby turbo evos etc but they are all out of my price range just hoping someone may have suggestions I have not thought of it needs to be reliable as will be my only car. My brain tells me keep the civic as really it ows me nothing and the reliability is second to none. In my 15k miles over a year and a half all it's had is a few sets of tyres and brakes lol and a couple of oil changes. And I can't see it depreciating anymore might even go up over the next few years. But for some reason I have this urge to try something else so if anyone has any idea of a car that will match the criteria plz let me know I can't seem to find anything better than the ep3 for the money. Would love to have rwd for a while tho so hopefully I don't write my zero off as soon as its finished I have very little experience with rwd other than a mk2 mr2 na I had for a few months but that didn't really have enough power to get you into trouble.

Thanks Tom

the only problem with an Mr2 is that they are getting rarer as they head to the scrappies with rust there are no new panels available for these cars to get them repaired so you have to rely on secondhand stuff.

Guest mower man

MX5 has to be worth alook amk2 1800 around 130 bhp lots of them around at not much money inc imports that have never seen salt ! ,I bought a mk1 1600 last year to replace my much loved s7 and love it cosy with the hard top summer fun with the soft top ,but do inspect care fully there are some real dogs about mick :crazy: :clapping:

Guest alfaGTA

My mx5 has a LSD and 130bhp.... It's a hooligan of a thing! Barely ever in a straight line....The Indy by contrast has so much more grip and little unsettles it even with half the weight and more bhp! Invest in the best tyres you can and get the zero's suspension properly set up, then a track day with tuition....