Zero Fuel Tank

Guest Mark Bagnall

Guest Mark Bagnall

Hi my first post as ive just joined rhocar I'm building a zero and looking for a fuel tank could anyone give me the standard dimensions of the tank the zero uses as I'm trying to get a few quotes together to have one made

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Hopefully Shaft will be along in a while as I am sure he had one made for his Zero. He should have details of who made it and they may be another contact for you to try. I think he had the swirl pot built in to it, or I might just be making that up!! :)

That's correct David, i had one made and several others also. Your also correct on the built in swirl put option which removes the ball ache of siting an external one and also removes the need for a low pressure fuel pump system.

It's a friends company i use, he has the full engineering drawings i did for the tank including pick up pipe locations etc.

Give him a ring (Julian Robinson) and say Nick put you in touch. He's a good lad and only at Hilton, Derbys.

http://www.jrfabrications.co.uk/

• Like 1

Guest Mark Bagnall

Thanks for the help everyone I will give him a call in and have a chat with him

I like the sound of a built in swirl pot anything that makes things neater and simpler

Guest 2b cruising

Hi my first post as ive just joined rhocar I'm building a zero and looking for a fuel tank could anyone give me the standard dimensions of the tank the zero uses as I'm trying to get a few quotes together to have one made

Greatclub this isn't it.

Hi sparkybagnal, I would ask 2 questions - 1) why do you not want to get a tank made to fit by GBS, and 2) what engine are you running? Whilst I have tremendous respect for Shaft's experience and wisdom, will a high pressure pump at the rear of the car give adequate pressure in the fuel rail 2 metres away? A swirl pot in the engine bay is not that big a deal, but I have to admit that 2 fuel pumps is a pain in the R's.

Really like your radiator, and once again I hope it was made to compliment your engine,; good price too even at the current exchange rate :(

Guest Mark Bagnall

Hi gr8nomad

I have nothing against GBS or the parts they supply I think as a company they are a great example of were the kit car industry should be heading and how things should be marketed to try and get more people intrested in our hobby.

But one of things about our hobby and I'm sure why most of us choose to build such a project is the want and need to tinker and make things individual and diffrent from the mainstream after all one of the main reasons kit cars have done so well for so long is that no two cars are ever the same

Yes I could just go and buy one from gbs and plonk it onto the chassis but why keep things the same

This is the tank that i had made by the chap i linked too above....

SSL22569.jpg

SSL22571.jpg

If you want any piccies etc for build guidance have a look here, there's 100's from when i built mine but bear in mind this was back in 2009.

http://s575.photobucket.com/user/shaft_Zero/library/?sort=3&page=1

Edited by Shaft