2B Sliding Pillar 'knock Down And Rebuild'

Sid76

Just picked up my springs for the suspension. I bought some uprated front springs for the sliding pillar. When they came they were yellow and the finish wasn't great. Rather than send them back and incur the expense I decided to get them and while I was at it the rear springs to match.

It's nice getting all these shiny bits!

87AFC60F-34DE-4A0F-9D52-005C1AA41866_zpsll8ywfen.jpg

Nice and shiny! :)

Are these the bits you need for your rack? If so drop me a message with your address and I'll ping them off to you.

Cheers

Tony

20150626_180842_zpsds31uuuc.jpg

20150626_181051_zpsbbbi5qek.jpg

20150626_181056_zpszd4p3di7.jpg

Edited by FERRINO
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well! I seem to have been away for an eternity! Hello again all!

Got the rear subframe and suspension fitted back in early summer and managed to get the Diff fitted before taking a break.

This turned out to be 12 weeks or so - ouch. Where did that time go...

With half term looming and me taking a week off to kick start the 2B again i started to do some preparatory work - finally stripped the block to (hopefully) sort and source the oil leak that is clearly present (or has been). I have stripped the engine down and changed all seals before giving the block etc an honest sympathetic spruce up!

DSCF0972_zpsjnswcuf9.jpg

oh i made my own flywheel locking tool! 8)

DSCF0971_zpsxl8sgrxv.jpg

DSCF0976_zpsbcvt7t6z.jpg

DSCF0977_zpsefd2eytv.jpg

DSCF0978_zpsqbvmqwqa.jpg

I went and got me some new wheels - i am so chuffed with them. Lots of jiggery pokery making sure i had ordered the right ones (size etc).

DSCF0979_zpscioz2pjn.jpg

Started to fabricate an adjuster bar for my handbrake cables

DSCF0983_zpsamm3ur7i.jpg

and this is it in situ with my modified Mini handbrake lever.

DSCF0985_zps8opqtwcy.jpg

I now have a rolling chassis again - slowly (some might say very slowly!!!) i am freeing up more work space in my garage. I can now get her outside and use my garage more like a workshop now.

My head is being converted to unleaded and should be back in a couple of weeks all being well.

I can now set about fitting brake lines, fully lines and wiring loom and hopefully will get out a couple of evenings this week!

DSCF0984_zps3tb0poum.jpg

ta ta for now!

Edited by Sid76

Guest 2b cruising

Nice one.

It is sometimes hard to keep motivated, but you seem to be doing well.

It's also of a good quality and looks like it will be a great end product.

• 2 weeks later...

This week I have made two tank straps out of the old Sierra strap. Really chuffed

172D6201-60F1-4401-BD71-16BD7333C04A_zps

I'll upload pics of the straps in situ this weekend.

Got the fuel pump fitted

10C1C7A1-AE09-4CFD-AE95-D4E3088E022C_zps

I need to get on with brake lines and fuel lines this weekend.

I need to fit my callipers too.

Oh before I go. I promised a pic of my new wheels. The ford ones went - although I liked them the work involved to get them to fit was all a bit involved.

Can't wait to be rolling on these! 😛

0D2EEAA3-D926-48CC-854F-5869AAF4414E_zps

Ah nearly forgot. I have made a mock up screen (out of wood first) so I can drill and tap frames and not 'hurt' anything.

Can't wait to get out this weekend 😀

Guest Ian & Carole

Quick tip , bin the steel fuel filter that is screwed into the pump they block up very quickly.

Get you self one of the see through ones for about 2 quid, loads of folk on here have had problems with them.

If you haven't got a spare screw in adaptor then stuff a drill through the filter.

By the way just love the wheels.

• 4 years later...

Hello all

jeez-o! I thought only a couple of years had past since I’d been in the garage and on the forum. A redundancy, career change, retraining, house renovations and a whole host of other qualifications for means that I am now getting back in the garage properly after 4 and a bit years! 

Will update on progress soon. Nice to be back. 

all the best - Sid

😀 don't want to show off but I built my entire car in half the the time you've been away - although, admittedly, I've not done any work to the house, which my wife keeps reminding me about...

Welcome back! 🙏

• Haha 1