Newbie Questions On Gbs Zero

nelmo

Guest alfaGTA

Hmmm, the MNR seems well priced, although I'm not sold on its looks....is there any advantage to the inboard suspension it has?

I think MNR do a more standard looking nose cone and can do a lower roll bar/cage if required...

Inboard suspension allegedly has less unsprung weight leading to better suspension dynamics and thus improved handling as well as an aerodynamic advantage as the dampers and springs are not creating drag.

Annoyingly, they don't do wet weather gear at all, not even the windscreen now. They reckon they only ever had 6 windscreens fitted on 238 builds and 4 of those were removed because of buffeting. Is the aeroscreen that good that you don't get any buffeting? Seems unlikely...

I'll have a word at Stoneleigh and if I go for them, hopefully I can get them to do one last windscreen. I'd want doors anyway, which should help with any buffeting...

Guest alfaGTA

Honestly as a man with a tiny aero screen they do work at 40mph and above even in torrential rain-you get a wet arse if you stop though!! Wind buffeting isn't too bad, helmet obviously helps. Helmet also keeps stones and bumble bees out of your eyes!

If your heart I set on a screen and weather gear etc etc I'm certain another manufacturer will happily sell you a screen and wipers.... There are companies out there that will make you a bespoke roof and doors, soft bits for sevens is one I can think of.

Guest davidm

Mine was made by a local guy, by cutting down a new Land Rover Defender screen. It’s proper (flat) Pilkington laminated glass with all the ‘e’ markings needed for IVA. He even fitted it to the frame for me.

Mine was made by a local guy, by cutting down a new Land Rover Defender screen. It’s proper (flat) Pilkington laminated glass with all the ‘e’ markings needed for IVA. He even fitted it to the frame for me.

Snap !! although I think ours was a cut-down L/Rover Countryman .

Guest davidm

There’s an excellent article on LCB about how to make a half hood for under £50 – and it’s even within my capabilities, so I’m making one myself.

As for side screens, I’m using the GBS ones & they work very well. If you go for the Zero & want to make your own, I can send you a full-size template.

[quote nam

e=turnipfarmer' timestamp='1427374051' post='329953]

There’s an excellent article on LCB about how to make a half hood for under £50 – and it’s even within my capabilities, so I’m making one myself.

As for side screens, I’m using the GBS ones & they work very well. If you go for the Zero & want to make your own, I can send you a full-size template.

Thanks - I'll bear that in mind.. :)

Only 5 horrendously long weeks until Stoneleigh and I'll make a decision then.

Edited by nelmo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 2b cruising

Hi, according to next months Complete Kit Car mag, GKN are forming up with Aeon and Fury Sportscars.

The range of kit specific vehicles will be extended.

It's all on page 7 for anyone interested.

Hi, according to next months Complete Kit Car mag, GKN are forming up with Aeon and Fury Sportscars.

The range of kit specific vehicles will be extended.

It's all on page 7 for anyone interested.

Yeah, thats where I got the name from.

Would a BMW engine be too complex for a home builder, maybe?