Silverstone

Guest Battery Bill

Guest Battery Bill

Well we are back from 3 days at Silverstone Joey really enjoyed the cars etc

He bought himself a genuine Jordan F1 Car carbon fibre wishbone Which he is well chuffed with He also muscled his way to the front and Got Both Jordan drivers to sign his Hat :D

Being there was cool the atmosphere is great and its great to hear the F1 Cars going by.

What we did Not enjoy was the Campsite :angry:

We arrived at 0900 (Friday) and the site right beside the circuit was full

The next site was only a 5 minute walk so that was not too bad, BUT The first night was a very late night thanks to a shed load of "Scousers" complete with Disco unit and Guitar who thought they were the Beatles, Oasis and any other crap artist from Liverpooool There was also Fireworks going off till 3 am which was pretty annoying to say the least :angry:

We moved pitch to get away from the "Anchor's" in case we had another night of Krappyoki The new place was a bit better except for A couple of smally boys in their J reg Pugoat with full Ice sytem who talked to the small hours about their various conquests :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( One of the last things I heard them say was that they were not getting up too early :lol: :lol: Mistake Boys.

Thanks to Joeys £7 air horn the youths got an rather rude awakening from me :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately there was fireworks exploding everywhere and mobile disco's going till the very small hours :gdit: :gdit:

So Never again will we camp at the British GP Silverstone :gdit: And as far as I am concerned I dont give two monkeys if it loses its contract or not. :gdit:

Right now to do the washing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There was also Fireworks going off till 3 am. Unfortunately there was fireworks exploding everywhere and mobile disco's going till the very small hours

I thought that you'd done it before! That's the norm Bill, next time take a good set of ear plugs, to wear at night!!!

Guest mike1602

It was a great couple of days!!

We know what you mean about the fireworks though as we had a couple of fireworks landing on our tent!

We also had music on all night, untill about 5 in the morning, so we got hardly any sleep as we woke up about half 6.

I would love to do it again, best weekend had for a long time, shame about Jenson only on fourth.

Good weekend though, hopefully be able to go again next year!!! B)

Guest battery joe

All in all a "GOOD WEEKEND"

fireworks ruined both our nights, as I am incredibly scared of them :( (due to an iccident at a SO CALLED professional firework display when the girl beside me was hit by one) But loved all the track stuff :rolleyes: apart from the masarati race what a presession -_-

Even thought Shumacher won once again, we can say that we ave seen that happen :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :) at leased button got 4th.good result :)

Joey

Guest TerryBarry
Good job you weren't in Le Mans. The noise went on all night there

Well it would it's a 24 hour race :D :D

Sounds like Silverstone hasn't changed much in the last ten years :wacko:

Guest Battery Bill

Graham

I need a magnifying glass to see you having a good time! :lol:

There only seems to be a thumbnail in the corner :wacko:

Hey what happened to the link :rolleyes: :lol:

Guest mickmellors

Dont worry about the fireworks in LeMans Joey - if they keep you awake at night it just means you havent had enough beer :wacko: ! !

Heres the secret B) - Just keep a half empty bottle in your left hand all night and keep a freshly opened cold one (evey half hour) in your right hand - If your dad asks how many you have had, hold up the left hand and say in all honesty that this one has lasted you all evening !

Just make sure Dad doesnt read this thread or the plan might fail ;) ! !

Unfortunately LeMans is in school term time so your Headteacher may frown :gdit: on your absence to go to LeMans anyway :boohoo: .

Guest Dredd

Bill, had me binos scouting for you at Becketts, did you get a view? My feet were killing me 'time we hiked around the track to find some track space!!!

Guest Battery Bill

Derek

We got a space at Stowe corner, and as it was so crowded we decided to stay put, We did both enjoy the meeting it was just the s**te nights that ruined it for us really.

I did think the Maserati "Gentlemen race" was rubbish it was more of a procession! :rolleyes:

Did you get to the Jordan partys that was good, you could buy an accident damaged F1 wheel complete with name of driver and where it happened, a snip at £800 :rolleyes:

Here is the boy spending his pocket money :lol: :lol:

post-13-1089666635.jpg

Guest Dredd

Any other race pails into insignificance when you hear, see and feal the power of F1 cars as they accelerate out of a sweeping bend. I spent my pocket money on a flash BAR brolly. £25 quid, it didn't rain and it managed to fold inside out in the wind so now it don't self open :gdit: I will have to have words with the local old bill. Their traffic plan was rubbish. Why do they assume every one wants the M1 :huh: I wanted to get to the M40 but oh no, I had to negotiate Milton Keynes and a motorway that was stop start all the way to the M25, then the bl**dy Heathrow road works ! :angry: :angry: