Dizy For A Pinto

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

any one got a dizy laying around getting p**sed off trying to get my efi working just got a weber of eBay so I can rip off the efi bits and go back to carbs but I don't think a efi dizy will work with the coil without the efi bits, I got some bike carbs a few years ago so I will use the efi manifold yo take the bike carbs next winter,some thing to do on cold nights

cheers peter2b

Guest clive5550

Hi just a word of caution I bought a accuspark off eBay it lasted about 18 months and not many miles approx 1500 and it leaked oil out through the body casting.No one would repair it as it was a "cheap Chinese import". I'm now running a bestek system loads better and with full guarantees cheers Clive.

Guest Ian & Carole

I bought one for my Daimler and it was as heavy as the original Lucas one that came off.

Been on the car now for 2 years, although not many miles as only used for weddings, with out issue.

I like the no points no condenser, reliability that it offered.

Guest clive5550

Clive was it a genuine accuspark? Heard nothing but good things about them and mine appears to be a refurbished original unit.

All I can say is it was advertised as that, it cost in the region of £80 so I was just saying to be careful.

All I can say is it was advertised as that, it cost in the region of £80 so I was just saying to be careful.

Understand.

We should still get club discount from accuspark I believe so always worth buying from their website rather than ebay.

Guest mower man

Hi just a word of caution I bought a accuspark off eBay it lasted about 18 months and not many miles approx 1500 and it leaked oil out through the body casting.No one would repair it as it was a "cheap Chinese import". I'm now running a bestek system loads better and with full guarantees cheers Clive.

Where was the oil coming from ? , an educated guess is that there is a problem with engine breathing and oil is being forced up into the body of the unit ,it may well happen again . Most of these "new" distribs are made in china even the Accuspark one I believe mick

Guest clive5550

Hi Mick the oil came from the stem of the dizzy it was two ali parts pressed together the two became loose and therefore there was play the oil leaked out of the loose joint, at the time I removed it I had enough play to turn the top half/cap early 1/4 inch each way with the body still bolted into the block.