This Weekends Tinkering

Guest alfaGTA

ive had to modify fan to make it fit. found a cracked stat housing , managed to swap that .

got it all fitted and it was a bitch to bleed up.

I did fit the stat the correct way round didn't I..........doh.. all coming apart again soon. lol.

Guest 2b cruising

Oh bu**er. Just seen weather forecast.

Now I've got to put the hood back on my hood and take down the gazebo.

Just one more coat of clear to go. Don't you just love English weather.

Replaced the starter motor, threw a couple of gallons into the tank. Plugged an old pressure gauge in as I've still not yet fitted the dash properly. Test fired and then took on the second attempt. It's sat for 5 years so am well chuffed. Idle is a bit rough but a can of carb cleaner might sort that. Just got to bolt in the seats and dash and put it in for an mot. Woo hoo.

• Like 2

Guest 2b cruising

It's on my drive now, first time in years!

This weekend i need to banish an electrical gremlin, glue carpets, apply second coat of paint to the transmission tunnel.

Nice one. Well done.

Guest peter2b2002

spacers fitted on my z3 bonnet on just need a small tweek needed, carb fitted onto my 2b had to adjust 3 bolts as the efi manifold was thicker ,see if the wd40 has worked on the water inlet on the carb ,loads more room now the efi lumps out, i can only work in my shed today as its raining and im water soluble

peter2b

Nice one. Well done.

Electrical gremlin has been partially banished. Now there is a problem with the head-lights. Did not manage the glueing, did manage the painting.

Also managed a bit of a drive out up part of Woodhead pass and back through Glossop. Amazingly my daughter was pasenger an fell asleep on the A roads!

Made some progress today managed to finish plumbing the fuel line inc a new pressure regulator install new distributor installed ht leads ( although figment at the spark plug end doesn't really work far too much rubber projector to actually let the internals contact the plug???) and connected the basics of the loom and turned the key and engine turned over so tomorrow's plan is wire in fuel pump install the coil its feed and connect to distributor and see if she will Fire.

Guest peter2b2002

managed to get the pipe fitting out of the manifold came out in bits fitted a plumbing elbow refilled the rad no leaks yet, seem to have lost 2screws that hold the head lights in on my z3 don't know how as I put all 6 on top of the rad but only 4 left next time I looked, spooky

peter2b