This Weekends Tinkering

Guest alfaGTA

It's taken 9 hours today, but with the help of Craig, Shaft and DanE we've stripped the v8 out of the kitcar, fitted a new clutch cylinder and put it all back together in record time!

It was a job i had no motivation to do having only put it all back together a couple of weeks ago but without even being asked, craig, nick and dan all came round first thing this morning, took the pi55 and got stuck in to work.

I know it sounds cheesy but I feel truely greatful to have such fantastic friends like that.

Thats guys :)

• Like 3

Well done a few jobs today fitted passenger seat as already had a drivers seat in don't match but will do till I get time t modify buckets I got off ivan, fitted new oil pressure switch and rewired to separate light, secured servo\pedal box, fitted speedo cable ran under car from engine bay then up hole to gearbox, still few jobs to do wanted it moted for Wednesday meet not sure now as temp gauge inop ( see post on electrics ) and still got to tidy tie wrap up wires under dash, get number plate, secure wiper motor( don't know how) adjust h\brake, secure battery, secure exhaust fit fuel pipe clamps I think that's it lol

Big thanks to stu ( biksz ) for all help even if he gets upset at being my bitch lol

Edited by jaimo

So close yet so far and that's just to get it on road for summer then getting ripped apart for new dash\clocks and some other ideas

Edited by jaimo

Got sunburn on bald patch while in queue for the car show & added more redness during day at a great Basinstoke show --- spent pocket money on things I'll probably not use ; but they were cheap.

Guest 2b cruising

Went to Brands and watched Blancpain racing. Not as good as btcc but good enough.

Best racing even though it was slower paced was the MX5s.

44 cars on the first race and 37 in the second.

Different cars in both races as they couldn't let to many on the track at once.

They had a third race, I think to decide the overall winner but left before it had began. Had to get home in time for sons visit.

I enjoy Brands Hatch. Especially days like today at two for one ticket prices.

Used to get in for nowt but the power station let their box go.

Guest peter2b2002

got the phase converter wired in just got to plug it in to see what goes bang ,still can't get my pinto to fire turns over OK ,going to have another look tonight before swmbo gets home

peter2b