Camber Wedges, Quaife Atb & New Tyres Fitted

Snapperpaul

Initial feeling is that it is very twitchy, less so when the tyres are warm.

A lane change at speed felt like it leaped to the other lane. I need to build confidence back, the previous setup whilst very understeery was predictable although I never got the rear to break away.

If you have fitted camber wedges what did it feel like before & after?

tie bars made the front end grip well, but it would still prefer to understeer rather than oversteer.

after fitting camber shims it now much prefers oversteer.......although I am still running the old zimmers which are knackered and hard.

I've now got some new gaz for the rear so going to see how that effect things.

I noticed the cambershims reduced wheel spin when I planted my foot......although I am now saving for an atb to complete the setup as it still spins up one wheel far too easy.

Out of interest, did you install the atb inside your original diff casing......how difficult was it to fit?

Quaife was bought off a racer who was selling his spares so was fitted by Quaife to a refurebed housing and left in the support vehicle until needed.

I have the tie bars fitted and will get the geo done but feel it's just a bit to rear happy for my liking

Guest 2b cruising

Geo set up should work wander for you.

Sorry I didn't make it to docks as last minute call to Suffolk and pick up brand new clutch, slave and flywheel. So cheep I coulnt miss..

We're you on the A2 at around 3 o:clock. Someone's got a really nice motor with bright shiny wheels.

No I was back in the barn by 08:30 with a stuck thermostat

I got another 15 miles before temp gauge whilst steady at 100 ( much higher than normal) went to 120 so I stopped let it cool then took it home.

Guest 2b cruising

Not having a lot of luck with that are you.

Hope all goes well for you in the coming days and it all gets sorted successfully for you.

I wanted to add that the thread is no way a dissatisfaction of camber wedges, I am fully aware of what they do and how they do it.

In reflection I changed to many things at once changing dramatically the feel of the car.

Previously it had terminal understeer and over the years I have dialed this out to the point that it was much improved but still erred towards understeer.

I now have to revert back to previous settings and as stated need to start with a geometry check, then set to the recomended standard followed by tweeking them, tyre pressures, shock setting etc until it feels how I want it