Gearstick

Guest salty_monk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest battery joe

we cut it from the top and then we fitted a gearknob that is not a screw on with alan key bolts to keep it in place at the bottom, we also made a quickshift out of it.

(using some info we got of the site, not sure where it is now).

joey

Guest boggie

I cut mine down so that the shaft only sticks up by 5-6 inches. I then got a nice chrome billiard ball style knob from Europa that has a grub screw to grip the shaft - Job done! :D

Guest timswait

I shorted mine by removing the rubber anti vibration bit and re-welding it, you can also get it more vertical which is more comfortable for our type of car. The gearstick then came off in my hand after some enthusiatic use at Curbourgh, :p a bit embarassing, but got home using a bit of metal tube someone gave me (cheers for that!) to change gear, and rewelded it properly, sleeving the joint.

I do a bit of autotesting, which involves a lot of hand brake turns, a bit of sellotape over the button holds it down and is cheaper than a fly off kit!

Guest Battery Bill

Tim

a bit of sellotape over the button holds it down and is cheaper than a fly off kit!

Or ask Mr Chris Brown he has built his own and its very good and boy is he willing to tell you about it :lol: :lol:

He has a spare too :rolleyes: