Seat Belt Fixings 2B

Guest DAVE1954

Guest DAVE1954

Hi Just bought stainless steel frame2b part built,ihave noticed it has 2 seatbelt fixing points outer but none inner, near the tunnel.How are you supposed to fit harness.A notherpoint is there is no main support across the floor at the back from side to side.What are the seats fixed to and the handbrake angle. Cheers lads Dave

Hi,

I have 2 inch angle iron bolted back to back across the car, the inner seat belt mounts are fixed to this and then this is triangulated to another floor cross member I fitted further forward.

Some people have used box section. I think the Colin Usher build pages have pictures of his solution.

Cheers

Nige

Edited by ECAM

Hi Dave - If it's any use to you, I went through this not too long ago so have attached a link to the thread. There are easier ways to do it and I went possibly a bit over the top - but there are lots of pics in the thread so hopefully it might be of some use?

Cheers

Tony

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=38040&hl=

Guest DAVE1954

HI CHEERS FOR REPLY , ALL LOOKS GREAT IDEAS , I AM NEW TO THIS GAME AND TRY TO SUSS IT OUT ,AND THOUGHT OF DROPPING THE REAR SUSPENTION RUBBER FIXING FROM THE FIXING BRACKET ABOUT QUARTER OF AN INCH SLIDE THE ANGLE IN THE GAP,DRILL THROUGH ANGLE ,AND USE SAME FIXING BOLT. THROUGH PLATE ANGLE AND RUBBER MOUNTING. IF I USED 3IN ANGLE I WOULD ALSOGET ANOTHER FIXING ON THE INNER SIDE OF FIXING PLATE,WHAT DO YOU THINK CHEERS ALL DAVE

Edited by DAVE1954

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I'll be posting photos of what I did on my build thread later today.

In short though. I got some angle 3 x 3. I made two cross members running from n/s to o/s. Then I made and shaped some angle to follow the form of the upper chassis tubes and welded this in place.

To stop these flexing and bowing. I have welded bracing from the upper chassis tubes to my piece. This is also where I have drilled for my inner seatbelt mounts. I am now deliberating whether I weld captive nuts in situ or use locking washers etc.

I think I have added some strength to the chassis as well - so that's cool.

Guest 2b cruising

IVA inspectors do like to see a bit of welding at such points.

Not sure if it is a must, but easy to do during build taking pickies for them as you go.