Having A Sierra V5 Means No Need For Iva?

Guest Jack Heywood

As theduck says, £2000 for an unregistered car in this condition - maybe. But you would still have to prep it and go through the IVA

However, as this listing has been removed "due to error in listing", this is a moot point.

Simon.

Edited by Simon B

Guest Jack Heywood

How much is it? Got a link to the advert? It certainly sounds like you should walk away however it is possible to declare it as having partly been built by another amateur builder.

Like i said i am very new to this, how would that work?

Guest Jack Heywood

sorry i got cross posts again

I see thank you for your advice on this one. It just seemed very well build with the full build history etc and cheaper than most of the others on there it seems like a good deal

I feel that you would be relying on the original builder's "build quality" which can vary from excellent down to abysmal.

If you can find someone local who is a member of this club and has built or understands the build, ask if he can help you give this the once over.

Simon.

One point to really look over is the quality of the wiring in the vehicle as this is often a builder's weakest point.

If it looks like a rats nest, how do you know safety items like seat belt mounts are correct? These are harder to see on this model.

Don't be afraid to ask if someone is here local to you as we love to talk about our cars and can see other builds for what they are.

And - TAKE OFF THOSE ROSE COLOURED GLASSES :) !

Simon.

Edited by Simon B

When applying for IVA you fill in this form https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/amateur-built-vehicles-declaration-iva-4

So you would tick option 4 which says:

The vehicle was partially built by an amateur for his/her own personal use and I purchased the vehicle and completed the assembly of the vehicle and it is to be registered in my name

• Like 1

Guest Jack Heywood

Thank you both for your replies :). I think it might be safer if i looked into one thats already got the IVA. The thought of it failing is scary especially as i wont know what the car is like personaly.

Jack

Guest Ian & Carole

sorry i got cross posts again

I see thank you for your advice on this one. It just seemed very well build with the full build history etc and cheaper than most of the others on there it seems like a good deal

Jack

Stop looking at it with your heart, start using your brain instead.

If you got it for £2000.00 you still need another £1000.00 to get it through IVA and on the road.

You can buy nice fully legal 2b's for £2500.00 - £3500.00, that you can drive straight away and tinker it into exactly what you want it to be.

Guest Jack Heywood

Jack

Stop looking at it with your heart, start using your brain instead.

If you got it for £2000.00 you still need another £1000.00 to get it through IVA and on the road.

You can buy nice fully legal 2b's for £2500.00 - £3500.00, that you can drive straight away and tinker it into exactly what you want it to be.

Thanks for the wake up slap haha :). Yeh the more i look and think worse this "deal" looks. I am pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask for this but at the moment all im using is ebay as most other google results come in with no cars. Any decent websites that you know from the top of my head. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask

jack , there are several hoods in the preston and lancs area that you could view and look over before you go looking , if you need a chat pm me, and I will get you more info and see if we can arrange a tyre kick session for you

this is a buyer beware one,

Mitch

Edited by Mitch

Guest 2b cruising

Don't look at it as though you will ba able to get it through test soon. It will need fully inspecting by someone that knows the cars and has good IVA knowledge.

After any prep that needs doing, tests don't come through quickly. Ask the duck about this.

If you don't miss all this season, you will miss the biggest part of it.

For this reason, if you want one in a hurry, keep watching for adds.

If you are not in a hurry, I've found the price drops to the lowest point late September, early November.

I got a really good car late last Sept for a bargain at £2000.

This would make your buy look a somewhat negative type of purchase.

HTH Ken.

Edited by 2b cruising

Thats a good point ken, 2 months from application received to a test date! Then if you pass first time it is taking 4-6 weeks to get a registration.

There are some nice 2Bs going for not a lot of money, so definitely worth shopping around some more.