Welder

Guest Gargoil

Guest Gargoil

Bring back child labour - good old Victorian values :-)

Never too young to learn new skills!

To answer your actual question: If its only once or twice a year have you actually considered the economics, gas and wire are not that cheap so if you are just welding up occasional small pieces it might be worth just asking a local engineering company.

Usually i would, Some jobs are best left to those that know. However, when I started to add up the pennies of how much my exhaust has cost me over just 18 months, if I had been able to do it myself then the welder would have paid for itself by now. Also,it's about new skills and just trying out things.

I have decided on which welder, a Wolf Mig 140. It ticks most of the boxes, the reviews are not terrible and they are cheap. So if anyone has tips on welding our stainless cars, I'm all ears and welders gauntlets.......

:pardon:

Guest Ian & Carole

So if anyone has tips on welding our stainless cars, I'm all ears and welders gauntlets.......

:pardon:

Read, several times the link CMA posted in post # 5 Very very useful and informative.

Then it's just practice practice practice, be prepared to waste at least one small bottle of gas on scrap metal whilst practicing.

A good auto mask and welders gauntlets are also a must.