Rear Shocks On 2B

Guest Ashman86

Guest Ashman86

Hi all not been on here much recently but just getting back on to the build and have run into a slight issue.

Just before Xmas I bought a pair of rear shocks from another member on here for my 2B. Now I have fitted them they just don't look right.

Does anybody know if these were actually a unit supplied for the 2B? DSC_0716.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

Currently the wheels have massive camber and the car looks more like a drag car than a 2B

Guest SteH

I assume it's the coilovers you're referring to and not the separate shocks? The coilovers look like the ones I had with my 2b. They are very early ones from 1999/2000 and are just far too long. They are not adjustable. I fitted them by cutting as much as possible off the roll bar tube, but even then they were still too long and I had to cut a few inches off the springs, which is not recommended. Another issue with them is that the springs are way too soft, it was like driving a bouncy castle! It bottomed out every time I put my foot down.

I suggest you offer up one of the wheel arches and have a look what the car will look like. I'm sure it will look far too high.

Your best option if possible would be to get hold of a pair of suitable length adjustable coil over shocks with appropriately rated springs. Avoid cutting the roll bar tubes down if possible.

Guest 2b cruising

I just bought a new set of Gaz coil overs.

Really suitable system for the 2b.

Get direct from them. I've lost the number but I am sure someone will answer with a name and number for you.

HTH Ken.

yep gaz bolted straight to my 2b no probs I bought mine from gbs cant beat a bit of adjustment if going on a long run and i want comfort I just slacken off just takes a couple of minutes

Edited by tractor

Guest 2b cruising

Should be. Around the £200 mark for the rear.

As yet I've not needed to change the same on the front but I would imagine the same amount ish.

Guest Ashman86

Cheers guys I thought as much. Probably should have asked before I fitted them in the first place. I'll refit the standard sierra parts until it passes it's Iva.

Guest peter2b2002

Looks like something missing ,there should be a tube that goes up the rollbar end that the coil over bolts into, you need to cut off the end of the roll bar as high as you can get,

peter2b