4Wd Super 7

Knock-on

Super Seventh Heaven web site has done huge amounts of cad work and fabrication.

When I looked into this the major problem was that the Ford 4WD gearbox has the front drive take off on the rear right of the gearbox tail housing and would reduce the driver footwell width by some inches.

You would need to shove the whole drive train over to the passenger side quite a bit

Guest 2b cruising

for what reason,would you do this ???

seems like a lot of work for little gain.. not like an off road 7 is useful lol

I think it is possibly known as the because it is there syndrome.

Same as why do people climb mountains. Both because they are there, and for the sence of achievement.

Where would the world be now without such people.

As long as the project is an interest to the pursuer, and affordable by them. Why not?

Guest mower man

I know our honored El Presidente looked at this and realised that space limitations made it a no go ,he may well join in yet mick

Edited by mower man

Is there another gearbox that could be used other than the ford one? Although I do seem to have a picture of front drives coming out to one side In my head. Probably because I have a vision of landrover boxes with transfer boxes attached.

The Ford system gives 60-40 split so no central diff and no LSD for the front

The Subaru & Mitsubishi systems would be more dynamic and probably add something to the 7's handling

Guest Tim Norman

I still have the front diff if you want it. I think you will be wasting your time but like they said earlier, "Each to their own"

Thanks guys. The request was on behalf of a friend that was looking at The Hood chassis. Well, the beer was flowing like Niagra and we started thinking about a Scooby but it looks like common sense has prevailed and will be taking the sensible option of a St220 with a hairdryer bolted on :)

Guest 2b cruising

Talking of mods and hair dryers. Anyone heard how the aero techies are doing with the jet powered one

Edited by 2b cruising