Stoneleigh Thanks To Everyone

Guest Howtightpet

Well, this was my first Stoneleigh. Many people I met up with, from different stands, said that it isn't what it used to be ....

But for me ... It was superb.

Excellent RHOCaR organisation, excellent company, excellent food and I was gob smacked by the number of RHOCAR kits on the 'stand' by the Sunday afternoon ... Awe inspiring!

Was definitely worth getting wet on the journey there on the Sunday morning just to absorb the atmosphere of the club and the show over the 2 days we 'tented'.

It was so good to meet the people I had had to put faces to, when reading forum comments. Hey, some of you look better than I had imagined!!

Many thanks to the committee for the work they do ... But also to the others who quietly support with 'assembly' ... transporting ... baking ... and just generally being nice friendly, helpful and supportive people.

Superb ... Many thanks one and all ...

Edited by alanh65
  • Like 4

Another great weekend and a big thank you to everybody for all the support, food, drink and entertainment.

Blessed with a mixture of different types of weather, which didn't stop me getting sunburnt (again...)

Hog roast was a welcome relief from the copious amounts of beer, but the stuffing should be banned from Nick & Dan, I'm amazed when Andi lit a fag the gazebo didn't explode.

Great to see familiar faces (& new ones) and actually have bit of fun in some of the kits. The kennels, children's creche and beer tent all served there purpose and helped Nikki & myself to chill out.

Finally thanks to Nick & Jon for the evenings entertainment, I never realised that mobile phones had so many different uses :rofl:

.....Only depressing part was driving back into work this morning past all the show signs and knowing I have to turn left and not right at the Stoneleigh entrance (I work opposite the show).

• Like 2

Guest mower man
:drinks: :clapping: :crazy: +2 to every thing above ,the standards bar gets higher!. We were only there on Monday but it was great to see old freind and make some new ones . the std of car build seems to get higher as well some very nice cars , really miss mine but the Mazda is great fun .Thanks everyone Mick and Stella

What a great show!!!

I came on the Sunday in the tin-top and then tried to get the exmo out the garage to come on Monday only to find I now have a clutch problem.....

As has been said before......it's like meeting up with an extended family for one big party! It makes me so happy being around you all and my face aches from all the laughing!!!

A huge thank you goes out to everyone who helped during this weekend.....the burgers were fantastic and I'm told the Pimms was pretty good too although I stayed away as I had to drive home (well done on the sum of Pimms money rasied).

Seeing Terry's supercharger installation for the first time was a highlight for me.......as well as the Ultima's (that 1020bhp engine was special), and the candy-apple red cobra...........and not forgetting the hog roast......OMG that crackling mmmmmmmm!........oh and does anyone know if the drone survived?

Edited by steamer
  • Like 1

Stephen, did you get home without completing your hat trick of mishaps?

Yes safe and well thanks just sun burn

I should change name to coco the clown !!

Stephen

Edited by stevedohc2b
  • Like 1

I remember my very first stoneleigh years ago.....2 kids were playing with a petrol radio controlled car when something went wrong (lost signal or whatever).....and it went full speed into a kerb, flipped into the air and put a nice big hole in the side of a Cobra.....there was some furious faces that day!!!!

Thanks to all who made possible yet another Mega Show, and all the hard work that must have been put in to make it happen.

Great to see all the old and young faces again.Hope every one got home safe and sound.

Just finished explaining how so little can cost so much,but at least the dog was pleased to see me.

Only joking had a great time its just a shame it's the only accessible Kit show this year.

Look forward to seeing you all again.

Allan

Guest tom-zero

Having only been to detling previously i would say this was My first proper kit car show since starting my build, and was nice to meet a couple of people for the first time and be able to say thanks for the help I have received over the years after all my dumb questions on here lol. Felt very welcome at the rhocar stand from David s and dan e. should have camped for the weekend as didn't have time to say hello to more people. sadly I won't be able to make end of year bash this year, when I went to book holiday this morning it turns out its my bosses birthday and he has it booked off already :( will be there next year in the zero for sure tho. Thanks again everyone look forward to seeing you again some time soon.

Having only been to detling previously i would say this was My first proper kit car show since starting my build, and was nice to meet a couple of people for the first time and be able to say thanks for the help I have received over the years after all my dumb questions on here lol. Felt very welcome at the rhocar stand from David s and dan e. should have camped for the weekend as didn't have time to say hello to more people. sadly I won't be able to make end of year bash this year, when I went to book holiday this morning it turns out its my bosses birthday and he has it booked off already :( will be there next year in the zero for sure tho. Thanks again everyone look forward to seeing you again some time soon.

It was very nice to meet you as well Tom.

Guest Ian & Carole

Sorry we had to shoot early doors, but wanted to get home to see how our grandson was getting on after falling off his bike last night, breaking both his wrists.

Right wrist set last night , went into theater this morning to have the left one manipulated an set as he broke both bones in this one.

Opp successful and hopefully being discharged this evening.

Here is the reason we had to leave early, bless him.

Came home on Tuesday after his opp. on Monday.

Fin_zpsuoohnxsq.jpg

You think when your children grow up and leave home it is plain sailing but nope It all starts over