Type 9 Gear Link

deano266

On the type 9, the gearstick goes straight into the top of the gearbox tail housing, held in place by three 13mm bolts. The "linkage", as such, is just a selector rod that runs along the inside of the gearbox. Maybe the three bolts have come loose which would allow the lever to lift up and flap around? If you apply some pressure to the middle of the lever to try and hold it still, you should be able to just about grab another gear like second to get you home (if it is indeed that).

Well the speedo cable is from a type 9 but now I'm not so sure what the box is as the gear linkage is remote and you can see where the linkage connects to the rod that cones out of the box. I will try and get a PIC asap but for reference how fdoes the mt75 linkage connect

After having a good look at the quick shift on kitspares I think I can safely say it is an mt75 but someone has made their own version of the quick shift. Does the quick shift attach with bolts to the rod from the box though

Mt75 is just another Ford gearbox and the speedo cable and drive are probably used across various models, boxes etc.

Hopefully it's an easy fix and not one of the issues that surround the bronze bush and engine/gearbox misalignment that were common with early super specs.

Guest zerorace

You may have suffered the 'o' ring failure and the pin has dropped out at the box end only looking in the tunnel and waggling your stick will show what is happening.

Some Robin Hoods came with the MT75 and a Robin Hood made remote

The one I looked at on Rustys car some years back had galvanised or adonized tube welded to steel plate and had failed at the weld

Guest zerorace

Don't know where you could get pins from 'o'rings from any motor factor the pins need to be hardened you could use roll pins fit one the right size than fit one inside to give more strength and that should stop them falling out.

Guest zerorace

Looks like the pin has broken on the linkage and is still in the shaft near the gearbox that would need driving out and new one fitting