Carb Connection

Guest DAVE1954

Guest DAVE1954

Hi Bought a 2b part finished,it has a Vicky green loom. There isn't a wire to go on to the carb,I know nothing about carbs,I take its for the choke? Is this a switched cable from some where or a permanent feed switched off ignition. Cheers. Dave

Guest DAVE1954

Hi it's a late Sierra 1992 pinto 1.6. According to Sierra manuel it's a weber2v. Engine is running there are no engine control boxes. Cheers. Dave

Edited by DAVE1954

Sounds like you have a webber 28/30 DFTH with an electric choke. A black plastic cilinder with a threaded connector in its centre which requires a wire from there to a terminal on the alternator. I can't remember what the terminal is labelled but its not the 51 or 61 terminals on the old lucas alternator. I remember it as having a separate terminal from ten years ago when I had a pinto in my car. I think it was not a 12v takeoff but 6v or 9v.

Anyone with a DFTH care to elaborate please.

Nigel

Just found a pic. Interestingly this one also has a fuel shutoff valve on it which would require 12v ignition live to it or no fuel would get through.

post-21-0-21818800-1431198986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder

Guest DAVE1954

Hi. Cheers for your last reply,no good couldn't find any thing on manual wiring diagrams, until you pointed me in the right direction. You know you stuff & you've got a good memory, it is connection 61 on the alternator. Excellent cheers. Dave

Guest DAVE1954

Hi another question to old stager,is this carb up to much,what would be a better single one to fit without to much alteration .i think this one has seen better days. Cheers. Dave ps it doesn't have a shut off valve

Edited by DAVE1954

DFTH carb is perfectly good and well matched to the 1.6 pinto. Mine didn't have a fuel shutoff valve either.

Terminal 61 on the alternator is for the ignition warning lamp in the dash, not the electric choke.

ANYONE WITH A DFTH CAN YOU HELP WITH WHAT TERMINAL THE ELECTRIC CHOKE USES ON THE ALTERNATOR. I'M SURE I REMEMBER A SEPARATE ONE FOR IT, NOT 51 OR 61.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder