Gear Stick Rattle

Guest Paul94

Guest Gargoil

You must have a good exhaust, if you can hear a gear stick rattling.

Don't know the problem but a liberal spreading of something like copper grease can help on most occasions.

dont know about the gbs quickshift but the type 9 standard one has a saddle that gets worn over time which gives sloppy shifting. If you are careful you can tap it tighter slightly. But do at your own risk as you could snap it off....

failing that take it off and see if it rattles when you shake it that will tell you if it is the connection between it and the gearbox or the pivot point.

Guest Paul94

Keeping a tight grip on your knob whilst driving is a really good way of eliminating the problem. But whilst enjoying a spot of enthusiastic activity on the road requires both hands. Then I hear the endless rattle especially in the backgroud of the GoPro

I believe that the cheaper quick shifts are noisy as their design is different to the ones like Quaife. As said previously, thick grease may help or the nylon saddle may be worn (mine had disappeared on one of my gearboxes).