How Much Heat Wrap?

I'm in the process of installing the new engine, on removing the manifold the old heat wrap virtually fell off. So how much do I need to wrap a Robin Hood 4 branch from head to where it exits the car side panel?

Also had a Sierra engine mount fall in half if anyone has 1 or 2 laying around.

Guest 2b cruising

I used almost 6 meters wrapping a crossflow four branch under the bonnet.

I wrapped it close bound and took no shortcuts.

I used stainless ties on it and had no secondary problems apart from bluing of the external pipe on the first run out.

If you want to keep you pipe from 4 branch to silencer shining, don't use,wrap. Just plenty of bonnet breathers.

I haven't got any wrap on mine at all (2.1 Pinto) but I have got some around the clutch cable that passes between 2 of the pipes. It been like that for the 13 years i've had the car with no problems. (so far).

cb750 thanks, I've ordered 2 x 10 meters that should do it.

Still looking for Sierra engine mounts, they seem to be both rare and expensive.

I used the long Cosworth clutch cable that loops all the way past the manifold so no heat issues there

Paul, have you seen these? Ebay 120878318228. A bit expensive for 1 but they are new and poly. I adapted landrover mounts to fit mine, the studs needed extending and a mounting flange made but they seem to work well.

The mounts I have are similar to the 4x4 mounts at least £30 each second hand,

I've bitten the bullet and ordered similar to the ones above, I got 2x engine mounts and 1 gearbox mount for just over £100 delivered.

If the Sierra mounts are that rare and expensive I may sell on the remaining good one.

I could mod the broken one and use the large rubbers with a thread either end but that would add time and I've already lost a month and a half.

So far I have spent £330 on repairs and cooling upgrades

Ho hum

18 ½ meters is the answer

1 roll did 2 pipes from manifold to where it exits the body side and back up to the manifold on an adjacent pipe, did the same for the next pair the used a meter to wrap all four pipe bear the exit hole