Type 9

jaimo

Got a whine in 2nd and 3rd could be normal not sure and when speedo cable feel out the oil that came out was black so decided to change the oil what's best way of doing this

Can't easily change the oil as there's no drain plug. You could always try to pump or suck the oil out through the filler hole. I don't think you would get enough out by dropping the propshaft and raising the front of the car - it would certainly be messy!

Got a suction gun going to suck out old oil and replace and see if any whine any better the gearbox is working fine so hopefully will do season then winter might have to sweet talk Dan to help with rebuild

Guest 2b cruising

If your cabin floor is not sealed, especially around your gearbox, you will get,a lot of transmission nois when driving.

The nois seems to be amplified through the driveline. A good rubber or elastic acted seal aroun floor/transmission tunnel is required.

If your cabin floor is not sealed, especially around your gearbox, you will get,a lot of transmission noise when driving.

The noise seems to be amplified through the driveline. A good rubber or elasticated seal around floor/transmission tunnel and gearstick is required.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

That's a good result.

Let's hope no damage was caused by the low oil level.

One litre in the type nine is a huge amount of oil.

You should more than anything else consider changing the oil as soon as you can, because the little amount you had in would have been getting far to hot.

I would think lots of bronze and steel waste would be in it.

As said, most important part is the gear change surround.

I know what you mean from the earlier posts but at first glance this made me laugh thinking of it like a dodgy garage/mechanic telling some unsuspecting customer..

'Well we've changed your gear change surround so your gearbox should be as good as new now, That'll be £200. It's good we changed it when we did, it's the most important part. We polished your gearknob while we were at it, that's good for 10bhp. Any noise you hear will be the new gear change surround settling in.'

:crazy:

• Like 1