4.5 Gallon Fuel Tank

biksz

Think i found problem with my fuel issue my fuel gauge says a qaurter full which in theory is 5 litre of fuel and in a fuel tank 36 inch long 8inch wide and 8inch tall means nearly empty tank so i dont need a swirl pot i need to no any one have issues with this its a s7 robin hood

Edited by biksz

Guest mcramsay

The swirlpot is only really needed if running a fuel tank with no internal swirlpot/ baffles and if you are running a fuel injection set up. The swirlpot gives a constant feed to the hp pump. Where as I with a carb set up the float chamber will hold some fuel and does not need a constant fuel pressure.

Yeah mine is qaurter full and you go round a roundabout and it starves of fuel but take it steady it OK lol but filled up to half tank and everything is fine again so moto is i think keep fuel in it and when get qaurter full time to refill

If there is no baffle (Robin Hood didn't seem to fit them) then the fuel will be forced to one end going around a roundabout. Did think about splitting my tank open & welding in a baffle or the other option is to fit a foam insert.

Guest Howtightpet

Mines 41 ltrs. And great tank gauge. When 1/4 full . Up hill empty down hill empty. Flat 1/4 round roundabout anyone's guess lol

Warning lite flashing and its 7 ltrs

Used to it lynn isn't and nag nag nag fill up lol

Guest Ian & Carole

have you removed the sender/ pick up and made sure its as low in the tank as poss.

if the pick up is high that wont help

Also try and make sure the pick up is as near the centre of the tank as possible, I extended mine so as it sits as near the bottom of and in the middle of the tank, never had fuel surge problems.