Shocks

Guest oshiney2

You have coil over shocks all round. They worked But only just before you effectively lowered the car by fitting smaller wheels. Grounding can be due to ride height being too low, springs too soft or shockers not controlling the suspension movement. First job is to wind up the rear spring platforms to lift the cars rear ride height back to where it was with the bigger wheels. This will change geometry at the back and you will have less negative camber/more positive camber at the rear which may need camber wedges. Stronger springs at the back would have less effect than you imagine. I would suspect that your shockers are poor and fitting better shocks would control rate of suspension movement better and sort the problem.

So raise the rear and better shocks.

Nigel

Guest 2b cruising

If you were problem free before changing the wheel size and all you changed was that, you definately need to adjust your ride hight.

Has the car been on the larger wheels from new.

Adjust the ride hight to suck it and see.

If camber needs adjusting after hight adjustment, get back on the site and plenty of people would be happy to assist with a how too do instructions.

Bobs measurement on the wheel hight is correct. 1cm hight adjustment will only make a slight difference to your camber.

Even this might still be set up for original 15" wheels.

Guest oshiney2

hi guys just an update on my shocks well as suggested ive heightened the car to 7 inches at the rear

from the ground and 6 inches at the front // ive got the same amount of clicks on the 2 front wheels which ive set a bit softer than the back or should they be the same amount of clicks all round ?? just waiting for the sun to come out or to dry up then it will be a test drive will let you all know how it went //

Guest 2b cruising

The ride stiffness is for your own personal preference.

Ideally should be all round matching but two clicks is safe enough.

The important bit is the side to side setting.

Guest oshiney2

hi guys iv'e now done the test drive today seen the weather is sunny and dry. I have been away up the hills of knockhill along the bumpy roads the 2b is now set at 7 inches from ground just in front of the rear wheel and 6 inches at the front from the ground the clicks are 30 all round and the good news is that there was no grounding at any time at the usual places so happy days. the car looks a bit high now but the handling and performance is fantastic and you are not waiting with baited breath for the big thump in your ass so once again thanks to all who helped me.

Guest 2b cruising

Nice one.

Just check your handbrake lower lever that the cable fits to.

I had your problem after fitting new shocks, at a lower hight. 6" same as front.

Like you I put back to original.

doing a couple of jobs underneath and found the lower part of the lever where the cable pin is, was really bent.

No problem straightening. Just removed cable, straightened parts, greased as I meant to do anyway and all was tickets boo.

Guest oshiney2

well guys last update car seems to be sorted now car sits 6 inches from the ground and 38 clicks on stiffness done the usual road and no problems and looks much better being lower once again thanks