More Issues With The S3

• 2 weeks later...

Well today it passed MOT, kicking and screaming to the last, the water left the radiator, turned out to be the blanking cap on the radiator couldn't hold a seal, replaced that.

MOT tester spent more time talking to me than doing the test, saying there's not much to test on these, I then noticed oil dripping off the sump.

When I got back to the barn and after ½ hour searching I found the crankcase breather on the exhaust side ( for I have 1 either side) had melted and the oil escaped, job for tomorrow.

Good news, I let the tyres down to 18psi, 195-60-14 Dunlop DJOS ( R888 look a likes) and it's less twitchy, there is evidence of the Quaife ATB working as it darts to the left or right when I turn but catches and settles, I'll have to get used to this and a geo setup is on the cards.

Went like stink when I opened it up and that's just the 130bhp ( at the wheels I think) engine

• Like 2

God give me strength, now I have an oil pressure problem, after sorting the breather problem I couldn't get much past 2 bar.

Swapped the electronic sender, same, fitted an old mechanical, a bit more, sorted auxiliary shaft oil seal as I wanted to check the oil gallery core plug, fitted a tighter fitting six shaft, showing 40psi

Close but no cigar, next step is to haul the engine out, rip the sump off and check oil pump, apparently the new locating tube may be a fraction to long and therefore the pump won't fit flush to the block, if it's not that I have another high capacity pump then it's check bearings