Changes If Going Abroad

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

I tnought it was an april fools joke but i Just found out that if going abroad from april 1st you have to pre register with your booking number and pass word that was sent to you when you booked , i wonder what you do if you just turn up on the day to board thd train or boat to France

Peter2b

Guest 2b cruising

Lady version of mine feurer. She's even got the trash to go with it. LoL

Sorry, can't spell furer, fuehrer whatever

Edited by 2b cruising

Just got back from France with P&O.

Nothing unusual so far. No pre-registration or passwordsrequired.

The only downside was that coming back at 6pm on a Saturday,

the car deck was (unusually) only half full.

But when we got upstairs we found out why.

The ship was crammed full of Romanian foot passengers.

Grannies, grandads, loads of kids, my guess is that less than of third of them were of working age.

So much for contributing to the UK economy.......

when i went skiing in feb we left via the tunnel. No-one at all looked at our passports or asked who we were at all, just the car number automatically taken. How can we run intelligence if we don't know who is leaving the country or where they are going? Just went straight off the other end and off into france (or where ever we felt like)

Apparently they are bringing it in soon....

Guest 2b cruising

Just got back from France with P&O.

Nothing unusual so far. No pre-registration or passwordsrequired.

The only downside was that coming back at 6pm on a Saturday,

the car deck was (unusually) only half full.

But when we got upstairs we found out why.

The ship was crammed full of Romanian foot passengers.

Grannies, grandads, loads of kids, my guess is that less than of third of them were of working age.

So much for contributing to the UK economy.......

apparently Bob, they come over here now and again to see members of family that stay here. It is said they then claim benefits for the full family and bugger off back home to gather the. Money sent to them by the family left here.

Many of them apparently do this and build houses with the extra money.

I worked all my life and contributed to a pension. I had to give up work at 60 ish through health reasons.

Because I had supported myself the whole of my working life and saved some, I could only get £63 a week off them to pay all of my bills.

Don't care what anyone says about it, the bloody whole system is badly wrong.

Rant over.

I say unless you are born here then to get limited benefits you need to have worked in this country for a minimum of five years and to get full benefits at least ten years and they need to limit the length of time some people get certain benefits

the benefits system needs to go back to being a safety net and not a lifestyle choice

• Like 2

Guest iank

Correct me if I'm wrong Peter but you are referring to the Eurotunnel Advanced Passenger Information.

This is the UK government collecting information on who is leaving the country, Eurotunnel have decided to do it this way, the airlines have always done it, the ferries since 1998.

Nothing to do with Europe , its the UK government collecting the same information it used to collect until it just couldn't be bothered any more back in the mid 90's.

I bet the registration is so Cameron & co. can get accurate figures or

"Net migration".

They cant do B***er all about who comes in from the EU, but everyone leaving counts

towards a reduced net figure

Guest peter2b2002

your correct it's the tunnel I had an email from them saying I had to respond with my booking number,seem there are folk in France etc who say they are ileagal immigrants so they are sent back to the last country that came from so they say UK

peter2b

Guest peter2b2002

your correct it's the tunnel I had an email from them saying I had to respond with my booking number,seem there are folk in France etc who say they are ileagal immigrants so they are sent back to the last country that came from so they say UK

peter2b

Guest 2b cruising

Seems to me there might be a good reason to start a new forum subject page for "Politics and Rants".

I'm quite sure it would be used regularly. LoL