Exmo Body Re-Build

Guest weazel134

Guest weazel134

thought i share a few photos of my exmo re-build.

Bought the car only few weeks ago and wanted to get it finished in time for the summer.

still a few things to do but here is the progess so far.

post-13451-0-91916700-1433177584_thumb.jpg

post-13451-0-23060600-1433177594_thumb.jpg

post-13451-0-29001900-1433177607_thumb.jpg

post-13451-0-71765300-1433177616_thumb.jpg

post-13451-0-91785800-1433177621_thumb.jpg

post-13451-0-31040100-1433177639_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest weazel134

Yea it's been a few weeks hard slog, but worth it when out driving. Little one loves it. Car seat secures very easily with harness.

Nice job refreshing an Exmo.

Forgive me for asking, I do have best intentions at heart, but are those harnesses safe looped over the roll bar like that? My first thought is that they are operating out of their design range as the angle on the webbing isn't perpendicular down to the mounting points - certainly in a motorsport safety check they'd turn you away with that. My other concern would be that the top strap could slip sideways and down off the roll-over hoop. Don't get me wrong, ultimately it's your life, have it the way you want - but then I did see you with the little'un strapped in there (with the harness incorrectly positioned - but maybe it was just a quickly-taken photo), so couldn't not mention it ;)

Guest 2b cruising

Brumster is right with his comment about your belt.

If you were to overturn, you would not benefit from what your roll bar is designed for.

Your body would be able to travel beyond the bars bounds, therefore getting you crushed.

You need to be captive to the seat base to keep your body within its hight, or depth when upside down.

HTH. It is only an opinion. Tell me where to go if you like.

Guest weazel134

yea you're right it's not an ideal place to have the harness mounted, the reason for this was they are longer than the old ones and was the only way at the time of mounting them.

trying to figure out a way to mount them correctly or shorten the harness.

Guest 2b cruising

I'm not sure myself with such harnesses. Mine are 4 point and mount to a cross brace that runs from side to side at the top of the rear cab panel.

I am new to Robin Hoods and have no idea what the make up of the exmo chassis is like.

Would it be feasible to weld in a cross frame into the roll bar further down, or would this get in the way of your boot access.

As stated, I don't know the exmo. However, I do know it is no good mounting them strait onto body or floor panels without the required bracing. Same as seats.