Midlands Run To Wales 7Th To 9Th August 2015

richyb66

The fourth Midlands run out to Wales will be taking place once again on the second weekend in August, Friday 7th to Sunday 9th 2015. Never one to change a popular format, the destination will be near Nefyn on the Llyn Peninsula in North West Wales for some scenic driving, laughing until our eyes hurt and hopefully some decent weather. Accommodation can be camping or B&B depending on personal choice.

A Friday afternoon departure allows a more relaxed day out on the Saturday but as not everyone may be able to get the afternoon off, there may be the chance to join us on the Saturday instead if necessary. People travelling on Friday from the central Midlands will need to allow 4 hours driving at a sensible speed (c150 miles) with a couple of stops en-route. On arrival on the Llyn, people usually get checked into their accommodation and then meet up for a few drinks at a local pub.

The driving route Saturday was around 120 miles spread out across the day with a stop off for lunch on the way.

The route on the Saturday was roughly this but I can mix it around depending on what progress we make and conditions on the day:

Saturday Drive

Saturday night I’ll do another BBQ at my house and we can see just how many cars will fit on my drive. After the food, we’re usually off down the pub again for more shenanigans.

Sunday will be travel home day but again there’s the opportunity to stop off en-route somewhere like Portmeirion. There’s plenty to do and I’ve done most of it so I can easily find stuff if people want something to kill a few hours

This years event has pretty much promoted itself – Kerry set the date by booking his accommodation last November and telling me it was on. Soon after others followed. Last years event proved that anything more than 10 cars in a group quickly becomes unmanageable so I’ve decided to have 2 group this year and so a 20 car limit. So far I’m up to 16 cars so still a few places left. 2 groups will also give the option to vary the routes slightly for part of the return leg and maybe have one group take the more sedate coastal route back and the second group can do a longer more challenging run depending on time and what people want to do.

This is some of the local accommodation available, I suspect that the first 2 may be fully booked up by the regulars but they may still have availability. Make sure you mention you’re with the kit car club and they may be able to suggest alternatives if they can’t take a booking themselves.

If somewhere is fully booked, can you let me know and I’ll note it on the thread.

Also, if booking becomes a problem, please let me know and I’ll try and look up more places. So far no one has braved the camping option but it’s still available and there’s some great scenic pitches nearby.

Terfyn B and B
Lon Terfyn
Morfa Nefyn
LL53 6BA
01758 721332
http://www.terfynbedandbreakfast.com/

Llys Olwen Guest House
Lon Tan Y Bryn
Morfa Nefyn
LL53 6BT
01758 720493
http://llysolwen.co.uk/

Glascoed B and B
Lon Uchaf
Morfa Nefyn
LL53 6AL
01758 720151

Caeau Capel Hotel
Rhodfa'r Mor
Nefyn
Gwynedd
LL53 6EB
Tel: 01758 720240
Fax: 01758 720750
http://www.caeaucape...l.com/index.htm

Fairway Country Hotel
Lon Ilchaf
Morfa Nefyn
Gwynedd
LL53 6AD
01758 721888
www.fairwaycountryhotel.co.uk

Graeanfryn Farm B and B and Camping
Morfa Nefyn
LL53 6YQ
01758 720455

For camping, as well as Graenfryn Farm, there are a couple of additional options, the first was the site suggest previously (but not actually used). This is in a great spot but access to the lower camping field may be difficult due to ground clearance issues so it’s probably worth asking the question if they plan on using the lower field. The owner is very helpful and can accommodate most needs. The location is just a couple of minutes drive from Nefyn literally at the bottom of my road.

Penisarlon Farm
Pistyll
Nefyn
LL53 6LR
01758 721553
http://www.penisarlonfarm.co.uk/home

Second option is a bit closer to Nefyn, no website and it’s fairly small site but it’s very popular for camping and gets good reviews:

Wern Caravan Park
Pistyll
Nefyn
LL53 6LN
01758 720432

ATTENDANCE LIST.

richyb66 and Jackie

Gaz and Steve

TERFYN B &B

Andi
Chris (Tractor)
Kerry and Sharon
Derek and Marylin

LLYS OLWEN GUEST HOUSE

Jez (Jez Morton) and Dan
Steve (Thrashed)
Trevor (RedTrev) and Brian
Keith (unclechief)
Ade (ac01)

CAEAU CAPEL

Bob (florin) and Mo
Mal and Jill (mal)

FAIRWAY COUNTRY HOTEL

Nick (nicklogistics)

GRAEANFRYN FARM

Martin T, Isabell & Karen + Stuart and Sue

ACCOMODATION TBA

Stuart (theduck) and Sarah

Mark has had to drop out but Including the TBA's we've still got 15 cars for the run out on Saturday and it means there's now 5 places left

Edited by richyb66
  • Like 1

Friday crew still to meet at Dobbies , Richard and around what time.?

Probably around 3-30 at Dobbies but I need to firm up the timing to see what suits people best. Within reason, the earlier we get to Dobbies the better because it gets much busier after 3PM and I want to avoid delays that mean we're chasing the clock later on to have a stop for tea but still arrived on Llyn at a sensible time.

Im at llys richy

I knew that, I just forgot to add you - you're included in the 13 though.

Edited by richyb66

Probably around 3-30 at Dobbies but I need to firm up the timing to see what suits people best. Within reason, the earlier we get to Dobbies the better because it gets much busier after 3PM and I want to avoid delays that mean we're chasing the clock later on to have a stop for tea but still arrived on Llyn at a sensible time.

Earlier the better for me as I took the day off this time.

Now, where is that late starting Jez??????