Midlands Run To Wales 7Th To 9Th August 2015

richyb66

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys. I spoke to some of the other folks at our area meet last week and the majority seem to be in favour of an earlier departure (but not too early).

With this in mind, the plan now is to meet at Dobbies Garden centre on the A5 at Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury SY3 0DA at 1100 and then continue on to Rhug Farm Shop on the A5 at Corwen LL21 0EH. Arrival time at Rhug should be between 1200 and 1230 so ideal for a lunch stop before continuing onward. As in previous years, I'll meet everyone there.

Trev has said that he'd like to keep the British car industry running on the Friday morning, so he'll be travelling up later in the afternoon and will see us there. If anyone else wants to travel earlier, later or independently, let me know so people can leave the meeting points as soon as everyone's there who plans to be.

Trev has said that he'd like to keep the British car industry running on the Friday morning, so he'll be travelling up later in the afternoon

Haha, I did the maths Rich, :blink: gotta pay for the weekend fuel and accommodation somehow...... and I'm off the following week to Robin Hood's Bay, so August hour-count will be low :(

Looks like it will take us a couple of hours to get to Dobbies, if we do the usual and meet Jez on the A5 and ignore the motorways.

So a 9am start from the Fosse park is probably in order chaps.

We will smooth it out at the next meeting Wednesday 15th and decide from there.

Andi

• 3 weeks later...
Less than 3 weeks to go now so time to firm up some more details. I’m on holiday the first week in August so I want to tie up a few things before then and avoid any last minute panic.

I spend an enjoyable day last Saturday running around most of Saturday’s driving route and see if any adjustments need to be made. Knowing that we have a bigger group of car and more people means that some things need to be planned differently to previous years.

We will be stopping for lunch on Saturday at The Old Ship in Trefriw again. However, in view of the group size and the work involved in ordering and preparing the food, I’m suggesting that where possible, we pre-order lunch and they have agreed to have it ready for us when we arrive. Obviously this won’t apply to hot food so I’ve attached their lunchtime sandwich menu for those that want to pre-order. If this is you, please send your choice to me by pm (to keep this thread relevant) and I’ll make a list, get the pub to have the orders ready for us and probably pay up front to save time on the day. This means that anyone who pre-orders food only needs to sort out his or her drinks and reimburse me for the food at some point over the weekend.

People not wishing to pre-order or who want hot meals can still order and pay on the day.

The pub’s website is here: http://www.the-old-ship.co.uk/

I’d like to get a confirmation of anyone else who’s planning on coming along who’s not shown below:

richyb66 and Jackie

Gaz and Steve

Andi

Chris (Tractor)

Kerry and Sharon

Derek and Marylin

Jez (Jez Morton) and Dan

Steve (Thrashed)

Trevor (RedTrev) and Brian

Keith (unclechief)

Ade (ac01)

Bob (florin) and Mo

Mal and Jill (mal)

Nick (nicklogistics)

Martin T, Isabell & Karen + Stuart and Sue

Stuart (theduck) and Sarah

As last year, I’m putting together some A4 Nefyn local area maps to show where accommodation is. I’d like to put some contact phone numbers on the sheets so everyone can keep in touch. So if there’s no objections, can I have mobile numbers by pm for the following people please (the others I already have) and I’ll send my number back to you.

Chris, Derek, Keith, Ade, Bob (had your number but now can’t find it!!), Mal, Nick

Jackie has asked about the people that might be coming on the weekend but aren’t coming on the Saturday drive. If they want some suggestions for things to see, let me know and I can put some information together so you’ve got a few options.

The Old Ship Menu.jpg

Edited by richyb66

Rich, might is also be worth bringing walking talkies if we have them, might help the convoys at junctions etc. Based on the fact I got stuck at a give way and missed the right turn as the convoy went out of sight and I held everyone up!

Not sure how frequencies etc work, but sure someone will have the knowledge.

Good plan Steve.

I've got a pair and I think Gaz has as well, most of the Leics guys do to so I think between us we should be OK is we spread the group so that there's a radio in at least every other car.

I'm also going to try and program a spare satnav with the routes but this doesn't help if I swap things around on the day.

Good plan Steve.

I've got a pair and I think Gaz has as well, most of the Leics guys do to so I think between us we should be OK is we spread the group so that there's a radio in at least every other car.

I'm also going to try and program a spare satnav with the routes but this doesn't help if I swap things around on the day.

I have 2 radios and if you do a list of postcode waypoints. Most people will have a sat nav either on the mobile phone (like me) or a Tom Tom , then at least if people do get split up they know where to heard and meet up.

Guest peter2b2002

just had a look at the map of where your going in Saturday, last Sunday swmbo and I did nearly the same route in my zed the A5 is a great bit of road lovely bends with the top down it was magic

peter2b

Guest 2b cruising

I have emailed the pub asking if they still do the scotch egg in black pudding.

Best scotch egg ever :db:

Ha Ha that must be a Bury Boilie.