Midlands Run To Wales 7Th To 9Th August 2015

richyb66

Guys, I have to cancel due to other booking holiday in France.

I will keep the twin room booking for a few more days if anybody wants to exchange the booking and will cancel on Friday if nothing heard.

Not happy.....

I know Mark was really looking forward to the trip and is gutted but being the great bloke he is, he's putting his family first and his now wife is looking forward to getting a big calendar for Christmas and her birthday.

• Like 1

As a few people have booked the Friday off work I’d like to get an idea what peoples thoughts are regarding departure times.

As I indicated previously, I think an earlier departure time would be a good idea. Experience from previous years has shown that the traffic up to Rhug on a Friday afternoon can be pretty shocking and this was confirmed yesterday when I drove up this way as opposed to my usual route.

My main concerns are that the larger group size this year, combined with the delays caused by roadworks on the M54( 2 blokes with 1 wheelbarrow doing 5 miles of barrier work), means that general progress is likely to be slower than previous years. Also the normal 3-30PM meet at Dobbies Shrewsbury leaves no time for unexpected delays and tends to make the journey onwards from there more rushed that I’d like it to be, particularly when we have to factor in getting a large group of people fed at teatime.

With this in mind can I get an idea if people have any restrictions to their departure times? I still want to try and get everyone together as a group on Friday but I also want to make sure that anyone who’s got the day off, makes the most of it. Obviously this might not suit everyone, so if there’s any late departures, I can give them specific directions that should allow them to make swifter progress.

I’m not suggesting meeting at Rhug at 930AM – but if I could get an idea when people could get to Dobbies (SY3 0DA), it would help me plan things out. Mal, you won’t want to meet here, can you give us an earliest time at Rhug (LL21 0EH).

Edited by richyb66

according to google maps from leicester to dobbies is 1hour 35 mins to the b&b is 3hours 55 so I think for me I would prefer to leave Leicester early and press straight on to the b&b and just meet up there

We are off on Friday too, and like Kerry would like to avoid traffic if at all possible.

Looking to leave home around 09:30 ish which would see us at Dobbies around 11:30.

Maybe a better meeting point for us would be at Rhug which gives us a more direct route (via A50, Stoke, then the A534) which is about 3hrs from here so meeting at 12:30 (allows for several P(it) stops).

Thanks for the responses so far. I should be seeing some of my local lads at the Wednesday meet so I'll speak to them there. My thoughts now are Dobbies at 11-00 followed by Rhug sometime after 12-00 for lunch. I can meet everyone there and we can take the scenic roads up to Llyn from there with an mid-afternoon arrival.

This will allow everyone to get settled in their accommodation before either doing their own thing for the evening or heading down to the Ty Coch (which we've not managed to do yet on previous years)