Midlands Run To Wales 7Th To 9Th August 2015

richyb66

Nice sunny day yesterday so we were out and about. It's rained non-stop today so I've been putting together my info cards for the weekend with local area map, contact phone numbers and a list of postcode destination points so people have got somewhere to aim for if we get badly split up.

Thanks to those who have got back to me with their food orders for Saturday lunchtime. I'd like to get all the food pre-orders by next Thursday night AT THE LATEST so I print the sheet off before I'm up here on holiday and don't have access to a printer. I can take later pre-orders but it makes my life a bit more difficult. If you don't want food, or want to order on the day - LET ME KNOW, and I'll know you've not been missed. I'll have the menu and list at the monthly meet on Wednesday and can take orders then if necessary.

Edited by richyb66

Drove up here yesterday for a weeks holiday and had an unusually good run. Left Tamworth later than usual at 15-20 but still made it to Dobbies at 16-30.

The big news is that the M54 westbound now seems free of the roadworks that have plagued it for the whole of this year. All the yellow average speed cameras have been removed and no speed limit restrictions. I think it's probably worth considering the M54 for next Friday as it offers a decent time saving compared to the A5 even if you're only doing 65mph.

Also scoped out Friday afternoon's run from Bala onwards and pretty much had the road to myself (everyone was stuck behind me). Just hope the weather next weekend is as good as yesterday.

Edited by richyb66
  • Like 1

Sadly Due to the hopeful imminent house move, I am not going to be able to come along to this one due to financial and time reasons (not started packing yet). Hope you allhave a great trip and don't miss me breaking down too much

Regards

Keith

I`ll be round yours at 8.30 then Chris. Meet up with Shyboy and Jez at the copper kettle Watling St, Atherstone CV9 1RE for 9.30 leave.

The missus, Sprog and BBQ will try and keep up, but will have co ordinates if not.

Okey dokey???

Andi

BBQ food now all ready (bar a few items). Weather has been great today. I'll see most of you at Rhug sometime after mid-day tomorrow. If there's any major delays or problems can everyone keep people informed - either myself or someone who'll be at the next meeting point so people know why they're waiting!

If anyone else wants to come along, they're welcome but you'll probably need to camp which shouldn't be a problem to get on the day.