Hard Top

Guest jawald

Guest jawald

Had a look at the pics and as everyone was ok started to look at the car - interesting hard top - looked like ally sheet formed between the screen and the roll bar - easy to make and would keep showers at bay if not full weather proofing. Perhaps with a perspex sheet covering the back of the roll bar, could make the difference on a changeable day. What do you all think? <_<

post-12-1090173744.jpg

Guest jawald

Made me laugh - the things I can do with a toilet roll and plastic container!!! ask my 'kids' 24. 22. and 17 - they'd say that was the last job for me - I'd end up in klink for bashing them - very un -PC - but who wants to be PC? Mine are all OK and still keep coming back - the 17 year old has'nt left yet but he will one day - wont he????????

To keep on topic - then I will be able to afford a decent hard top!!!!

Guest jawald

I have just started phase one of the occasional hard top thing - I fitted a sheet of perspex across the roll bar. with side screens on its amazing how much wind it cuts out.

For long journeys this is a bonus and it comes off quick enough - just a few self tappers.

Obviously if you dont want your hair blown about at all :D :lol: - keep the Sierra!!!

post-12-1090606231.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

James

its amazing how much wind it cuts out.

we were planning on trying something like mesh netting like the Sport Ka because we think it must cause a pocket of air around the driver :D

Guest jawald

Bill

Someone must know the actual aerodynamic effect - but it seems to me that a lot of the wind buffeting at speed seems to be a circulation from both sides. The screen does cut this down big- time . but as I said its still windy but doesn't blow your club hat off!!! Mesh may well be more efficient in doing this as some of the air is allowed through front to rear, but stops the circulation. My real reason for it is in conjunction with an aluminium hard top (as the wreck piccys) to make long journeys in changeable weather more tolerable. I have been soaked a few times and although still fun!! tends to cancel some more adventurous trips.Rear view is another issue to be considered.

James

interesting hard top - looked like ally sheet formed between the screen and the roll bar

thats not a hard top its the lift off bonnet resting there. :huh:

if you look at the other pics you can see the louveres from the underside!! :p

anyway good luck with it. post some pics when its finished

Guest jawald
thats not a hard top its the lift off bonnet resting there

So obvious when you have another look :blink:

Some great inventions have come from original misconceptions - I still feel really daft!!