Castle Coombe Great Day. Thanks To Bob & Mo

Guest Howtightpet

Guest Howtightpet

Just wanted to say a BIG Thank you to Bob and Mo ( Hants & Dorset ). For getting the tickets and posting them out to us all.

Have to say also great to see such a great gazebo the best in the paddock and the supply of tea and coffee.

Great day was had by all I am sure.

Hope everyone arrived home safe.

Well for me a change in CAN at a 103 dB is a must but how Lynn can sleep in Ruby I just don't know.

Well of course I do it's my driving lol

Great day maybe we should do this next year as a whole club event and track time since the Venue's are getting limited.

Great to see the guys who turned up and the apologies.

Alan & Lynn

+1 Good day out,

took a fellow builder around the track to give him some inspiration to get his car finished.

http://s412.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=1

Those drifting lads are nuts, why would you want to do that to your car :crazy: :crazy:

Les

Edited by Les Welsher

There's a Snow Trac in storage at the place where we keep our Tin Tent, must resist asking if it's for sale, got a Zero to build, a '59 SII Landrover to play with before I take on another toy!

Thanks to all that attended & made it a happy ,& fun day. great to see & natter with you all. Track sessions were enjoyed by many, either as a fast parade or paid for free reign runs. Fortunately the predicted rain only managed a very minor damping, not even enough to make us scurry for cover.

The Snow Cat would make a lovely garden tractor; all weather grass cutting??

post-3135-0-65558000-1434917377_thumb.jpg

post-3135-0-80335300-1434917407_thumb.jpg

post-3135-0-07685400-1434917430_thumb.jpg

post-3135-0-87720000-1434917497_thumb.jpg

post-3135-0-03199000-1434917532_thumb.jpg

post-3135-0-06094800-1434917558_thumb.jpg

Ha, I'm in photo no.4

Couldn't make it in the kit as it still not quite road legal, plus it doesn't have 5 seats!

It was a good day and as said earlier it only rained for a minute or two. Loads of older cars especially capri's and a 4.6 V8 Granada. The track was always busy and we got a vintage bus ride around the track which the kids loved.

Let's make it bigger next year.

Another big thank you for organising it! I had a brilliant time getting the Zero on the track for the first time (may have caught the bug...) plus it gave my Dad a chance drive the Zero for the first time ever too which he thoroughly enjoyed! Although it has annoyed my Mum as he is now looking at possibly getting himself a weekend/track toy too!

Looking back at my gopro videos, I reckon I got a lap in around the 1 minute 30 mark, I'm quite pleased with that for the first time on track and will look to beat that next year with the V6 installed :D

Oh, and to the person asking about brake pipes, the place I got them was Furore Products (http://furoreproducts.co.uk/9-brake-hoses) :)

Edited by WallerZ