A Quick Hello From New Builder

Guest rodg98133

Guest rodg98133

Just thought I'd say a quick hello.

Ive been on here a month or so just having a nosey but I will receive my kit in about 3 weeks time so I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you lot.

I will start a build blog once my kit arrives. Ive also got a camera set up to take photos start to finish to create a time lapse video.

I gave ordered a gbs zero ford. I'm going brand new everything except the usual recon parts to get my current plate (probably 20 plate by the time I'm done lol)

Hi and welcome :-)

I love reading build threads.....so I'll look forward to yours beginning.

I see you're in Nottingham......I'm just down the road in Ripley if you ever fancied popping over for a cuppa and chat.

Loads of really friendly, knowledgable people within the club so just shout up if you have any questions.......sometimes what seems a daft question at first actually really isn't daft at all!!!!

Hi, I'm hoping to get my kit about the same time, although it's already been delayed by 2 weeks (should have got it this weekend according to the original schedule).

Can i ask when you ordered yours?

How are you doing the time lapse? I thought about it but couldn't find a cheap camera that had a time lapse function. Have you got one or are you going to take the pics manually?

I'm planning to use new parts as well but I'm considering opting for a Q plate, to save on the hassle of future MOTs (read the thread on the GBS owners forum).

Good luck!

Guest rodg98133

Opting for a q plate? Is that on this forum or is the gbs forum a totally different site?

I've just got a cheap digital camera from years ago and ive got a wall mount for it in the garage to keep the same position and then I will just create the time lapse from the seperate images :)

Guest red-col

hi welcome buit my zero in 2010 richard said the zero has had many improvements to chassis design to make the build a lot better and less complicated so i look froward to your thread, i is only in notts so if i can offer any help just ask

colin.

A q plate will help with emissions testing, my tester watches me drive into the garage and passes me on on emissions if there is no visible smoke. Some people are quite snobby about q plates, saying that it affects resale value but I don't know if if that is true. Probably is on new cars but I like the simplicity at mot time so don't even consider it. Each to their own. Besides you will be very lucky to recoup what you spend on the car build if you decide to sell anyway.

A q plate will help with emissions testing, my tester watches me drive into the garage and passes me on on emissions if there is no visible smoke. Some people are quite snobby about q plates, saying that it affects resale value but I don't know if if that is true. Probably is on new cars but I like the simplicity at mot time so don't even consider it. Each to their own. Besides you will be very lucky to recoup what you spend on the car build if you decide to sell anyway.

That's what I've been told before, which is why I'm considering opting for a Q plate. I've tried reading the relevant documents online but they're as clear as mud...is this normal for MOT centres or is your bloke just very nice to you?

Ps: this is the thread that discusses in more detail (sorry, on this forum, not GBS):

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=42155

Edited by nelmo