Fuel Tank Return Not Needed

Landie71

Hi all

I could do with a bit of advice re my fuel tank. I got the tank with the Zero kit & it's got a fuel return inlet at the top of the tank. I'm going to be fitting R1 bike carbs so I don't believe I'll be using a fuel return from the carbs (unless someone tells me otherwise - they're not fitted yet).

My question is: how do I blank the tank return inlet? I was thinking of attaching a short piece of fuel hose to the tank connector & then cutting down a stainless steel bolt so none of the threaded part was left & then putting that in the end of the pipe & securing with jubilee clips.

Any ideas if that's ok for the IVA?

Thanks

Guest aidankinnell

I ran mine all the way to the engine bay and then it's closed off as not needed for my carb setup. Idea being it's there if I ever need it

In my opinion it's not high enough for a breather as you will loose tank capacity only a little bit but it's a small tank. I used a bit of 8mm fuel hose and a stainless set screw and hose clips. I was told that blanking caps are available but never seen any.

Thanks all - I'll see what I can do.

Might get a bit of time this afternoon as somehow I think the kids school fair might be called off - Noah's just floated past in his ark!! - got to love July eh?

I'm too tight to spend fifty quid on a rollover valve so reasoned that if the breather pipe went above the fuel tank as high as I could get it and then low down below the fuel tank bottom fuel can't run out of it whichever way up I parked the car.