Radiator Repairs

Guest ossa

Guest ossa

Anyone know of any Radiator repairers in the N/E ?

Found a small leak in my rad at the weekend, apart from this the Rad is in good condition.so took it to ADRAD in Newcastle, The lad in reception said it would be an easy fix and would take a couple of hours, Price £30 -£35. Then 4 hours later got a phone call to tell me it was going to cost £120 and they think it might need a re-core. Is there any other company's I could take it to get a second opinion ?

Cheers !

Guest 2b cruising

You could buy a new super effective ally rad for less than that.

Take a look on the Webb.

You might even find a small local repairer.

Think you will find the first company is correct and the core is thin over a large area. I would bin it if you don't have it recored as you could have future problems. Hunt around some radiators are cheap, my Audi A6 rad only cost £30 and that was a German made one! There are some good (even though they are Chinese) alloy rads available for what you are being quoted.

Guest ossa

Thanks for the replies lads, the rad is out of a Cortina & has been modified to fit the 7. I had a recore done nearly 2 yr ago, will have a look around today & see what's out there! Thanks again.