Cbr 600 Carbs

richard mackay

If they are like the fireblade carbs the tees are normally the vents for the float bowls so it looks like 1 or more of your float needle valves are stuck open and overfilling the bowls. Possible causes: faulty needle valve, float u/s, electric pump if fitted at too high a pressure (regulator too high or faulty).

May have narrowed it down a bit. I took the tee piece of to leave the two pipes and switch on the ignition.

The fuel came out of the pipe between the carbs that feed the numbers 3&4. Number 4 carb was full of

fuel sitting against the butterfly so could that carb be the problem?

Richard

Yes! You need to be carefull if you have fuel against the butterfly as it has probably worked its way down into the cylinder so you have neat fuel sitting on top of the piston and that could be working its way down into the oil. I wouldn't try starting it if I were you until you can check if everything is ok and fixed the overfilling problem. Have you checked what fuel pressure you are getting to the carbs, it may be that there is nothing wrong with the float valve just that it can't hold back the pressure that it wasn't designed for and that carb is acting as a pressure relief valve.