Camping At Pickering

ivan the terrible

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just been looking at web-site " Pickering Traction Engine Rally" & this event is posted as being over 4 days with venue at PICKERING SHOWGROUND YO18 8EA.

The site we are booked into is "The Great Yorkshire Steam Fair" & this event is over 3 days with the venue at Allerton Park HG5 0SE

Any-one know what the score is? Is this show being pulled in 2 different directions & taking place at 2 different venues over the same week-end?

If I make it to the show can I join the queue too? Still unsure if I can leave Sue, spent all last night at the hospital getting tests done. Her immune system is a bit low and she's picked up a small virus, so 3 more days of antibiotics. Don't you just love heading for work when you've already been up over 24 hours.

Nick

Have just been looking at web-site " Pickering Traction Engine Rally" & this event is posted as being over 4 days with venue at PICKERING SHOWGROUND YO18 8EA.

The site we are booked into is "The Great Yorkshire Steam Fair" & this event is over 3 days with the venue at Allerton Park HG5 0SE

Any-one know what the score is? Is this show being pulled in 2 different directions & taking place at 2 different venues over the same week-end?

http://m.maltonmercury.co.uk/news/local/all-steamed-up-pickering-traction-engine-rally-rift-leads-to-rival-events-1-7341096

This article won't load for us, but gather from the menu headline that it is as I thought --- the rally has split into two --- just make sure you go to ALLERTON SHOW GROUND -- otherwise you'll spend a long time looking for our stand.

Simon I think we are going Friday late on to camp Friday and Sat night myself and stu are setting off about 3 on Friday meeting at mels house 5 mins from showground if you want to tag along