Replacement Silencer And Cat For Superspec

alanrichey

It looks the internals of the Silencer and the Catalytic Converter have shaken loose on my Superspec so it isn't going to pass the MOT. Unfortunately as far as I know it was a bespoke part of the kit ?

I know I could replace the silencer fairly easily but the cat is another matter. I remember seeing that GBS do a silencer/cat combo that could probably be made to fit. But does anyone know of an alternative solution ?

Al

Guest 2b cruising

Hi, if you take it into your local garage just for an I missions test and it passes, it takes away any pressure from you to get it fixed so quickly.

You could then put it in for mot, pass and use your car until the end of season.

It is usually just spot welds that break away that can be repaired by opening the box.

If however your ceramic filling is breaking up, there is only one fix. Renewal.

Edited by 2b cruising

Mine was given an age-related plate (08) and the emissions requirement is printed on the V5. I guess yours was 'Q' plated ?

Looks like 'jmspec' can help me out, otherwise I will check with GBS.

I envy you then, it's a pain in the neck at MOT time as it is the one thing you cannot check before it goes in. I wonder how you got away with it ?

Edited by alanrichey

• 2 weeks later...

Just replaced the silencer and cat on my very slow build.

Never used

Yours if you need it

Just picked it up and a great long chat with Jez. A very generous gesture from him and it is much appreciated. Unfortunately I couldn't help him much with his current problem, which is the tubing layout for his turbo. As far as I know he is the only person in the Club running a turbo on the Rover 2000cc engine in the Superspec. Unless anyone know differently ?.

Al

Hi Al

Good to meet you yesterday

I didn't realise the Rover turbo was not popular

That explains why I struggle info on the engine

Thanks for trying

Jez

Edited by jmspec