LezLezLez

Replacement Windscreen Wanted For Exmo - Iva Compliant

I have a Robin Hood Exmo and its windscreen shattered last week. (a) I need a replacement. Also this car has yet to be IVA'ed so compliance is a requirement. (B) Does anyone have advice on IVA windscreen compliance?

I see in the forums many contacts for glaziers who may be able to help. Also I have yet to contact GBS Spares but will do so next. All comments appreciated.

Take screen off for iva then fit after been ivad

I replaced my windscreen because it was not IVA compliant and bought it from Karl Kopping

karl copping (shxeconomywindscreens@fsmail.net)

I sent him a template of the screen and he sent me a new windscreen correctly marked within a week, and charged me £115 inc postage.

The screen passed the IVA

Can't recommend him highly enough

John

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nicholas Matthews
      Hi all. My names nick and I'm new here, I wonder if anyone would be able to help me. I'm after c20xe/let standalone management to run my turbo in my Robin Hood. Is there anyone out there that has one for sale at all. Ideally the xe standalone management. 
      Many thanks for taking the time to read nick. 
    • By Burney
      Hi
      I'm wiring a new CBS prewired 'loom/fusebox' into my exmo after upgrading and adding a number of electrical fittings and accessories that were either missing or broken on the car (lights/horns/reverse/fog etc).
      It has been relatively straight forward tracing the circuits to the accessories and switches using a continuity tester and diagrams of the ford stalk switches attached.
      I have some general queries on the major engine component connections though and ask for comments and advice.
      UPPER 5 - shows wire to + side of alternator. The existing connection comes off a relay should I leave this?
      UPPER 6 shows a connection to the starter. This is the live feed to the fuse board, made live only when igniton turned?
      UPPER 10 shows a connection to the accessory part of the ignition switch, whats this for?
      LOWER 2 shows 2 connections one to a fuel pump (I dont think the pinto has an electric fuel pump?) and one to the positive side of the coil. There are only 2 wires I can see coming back to the existing loom from the coil and both go onto the rev counter (which doesnt work yet). Other cables from the + side of coil go into some sort of silver plate?
      I have an existing battery isolator switch wired up which I like. Where is the best place for this in the new setup?
      Thanks in advance for your thoughts
      Kris

• By Burney
      Hi all
      My original glass bowl lamps are very attractive but very dull is there a replacement LED lamp unit I can fit?
      The sidelight is non existant in the origibal lamp but the bulb and wiring is taped out the way so would be good to get a combo unit

Kris
    • By Burney
      Hi folks

I'm a new RH Exmo owner. Great fun had at back end of summer although as the darker nights approached I noticed my rear lights are not working but the headlights are.
      Indicators are off too
      Are these all on the same citcuit/fuse?
      Hoping to play with this problem over my xmas hols
      There are a number of other electrical issues for me to work through but lights are a badic requirement for me to enjpy safe road fun
      Kris
    • By kgnoble
      Well it failed!   
      Full story is in the blog, but the majority of stuff was very minor, a loose screw here, a missing grommet there.  Most important was that he spotted a very small leak in the master cylinder - I will replace that very shortly.  There was also an issue with the (MotaLita type) steering wheel which has too many holes and too much wood.  Otherwise, side repeaters apparently necessary, and the rear foglamp/reversing light combo needing a shim to make it present the light horizontally on a sloping surface.
      What was obvious was that a neatly presented car immediately gets the examiner on your side.  I suspect he erred on the generous when assessing seat heights, headrests, two speed wiper speeds, headlamps and quite a lot else.  He was very happy to chat and was pleased to see that I obviously had worked through the IVA manual.
      So - another month to fix the items, a retest and I should be away.
      Thank to you all for your comments and support - it has been incredibly helpful and generous.
      Cheers

Keith
      www.cageyenne.co.uk/wp