Retest Pass

johnhetherington

Had the retest today at Gillingham and a big fat pass, well pleased.

It originally failed on the position of the seat belt mounts which were governed by the positions on the chassis so I am surprised that I'm the only 2B to fail on this point.

Anyway we moved and rewelded the mounts, went along this morning and within 20 mins had our Individual Approval Certificate IAC.

Drove home the long way, we are only 4 miles from the test centre, big smile on my face and still grinning now.

Must say a big big thank you to the club, all the ideas and advice have been priceless, brilliant.

Sounds like an awards ceremony but I must thank in particular, Ken, Bob and Al for drinking my tea and scoffing our biscuits while giving invaluable help and support, cant wait to get out for a thrash before the summer goes and while Bob still has his hood.

Now filling out the V55/5 and V627/1 and all the other bits to post tomorrow and wait for their return so I can get the plates made up.

Cheers Rhocar

John still grinning

• Like 4

Really thrilled for you & Liz, John.

The Hood is staying until (at least!) next spring, & staying taxed right until then.

(I keep finding things that have to be tidied up before I can put it up for sale)

So I'm up for a run out any time you get it registered.

Edited by Bob Tucker

Guest alexpink

Brilliant news. Good to see another Hood finally passing IVA after all the years spent building!

Looks a really well built car, and I'm looking forward to reading the IVA section on your website (which you can now update!!!) :) :)

Guest 2b cruising

John, you now have to think of a new club title.

John still building lives no more.

If you can use your new reg, that might be a good one for you.

All the best mate, Ken.

Registration forms all completed and Liz is off to post them, really is a family affair this car.

Hopefully I have filled them out right and not missed anything, will let you all know when I get it registered.

Alan you are right, the building is never finished, already planning on changes to be made this winter, first thing though is a proper steering wheel, planning to drive it to CBS and sit in their car park trying different wheels to see what suits best.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

One with a soft grip is best John.

You will only see how it looks at CBS, you would not get the same feel as after a few hours run in the car.

My opinion only.

Guest 2b cruising

Is a kit car owner ever finished building? Well done on your IVA pass

Yes. When he gets old enough to buy an MX5. Then using dealerships to do any work.