Pinto: No Oil Pressure Following Sump And Pickup Replacement

Guest boggie

Guest 2b cruising

Beat me to it again Chris.

Two of the three letters fro oil in the name pinto anyway.

If all the drivers of them wore goggles it would be like going back in time with the racing photographs.

Black faces with white eyes.

Thank god for windscreens. No need to frighten the kids away now.

Guest boggie

That's not true if they are properly built. In 20years since building this kit my Pinto has not dropped and oil at all. The problem is there are a lot of bodgers out there who tinker with them.

So whilst my bodge worked the motor will be lifted and the sump gasket replaced over the coming weeks.

Cheers,

B

Guest 2b cruising

Oooops Boggie.

I think you have just called half of the club bodgers.

Lots of people that are most definately not bodgers have problems with oil leaking pinto's.

Week points are, slightest wear (within tolerance) of rear main = oil leak.

Worn plunger on mech fuel pump = oil leak. = new pump required.

Week point on original cam cover cork gasket especially near cam hoops = oil leak.

Plus lots more.

It is not alway poor maintenance, nor shoddy workmanship that causes lots of oil leaks on old engine components Boggie.

My opinion only.

Guest boggie

Not at all. I was responding to you and Chris insinuating Pintos all leak by pointing out that in the 20 years since I built my car It has never dropped any oil. I have been a member of the club since the beginning and know very well that the vast majority of owners are not bodgers; I was referring to the wider Pinto-using community (old Capris, Sierras, Granadas etc) and assuming that was them who you and Chris were casting aspersions against with talk of Pinto bodges, oil leaks and the need for windscreens on Pinto-powered cars to stop getting face-fulls of oil. I didn't realise you were talking about RHOCAR members..

B

Edited by boggie

and I wasn't insinuating that full rhocar members were bodgers I said you have to bodge it up to stop it leaking I think just about every body on here knows that if a pinto aint leaking oil then there aint no oil in it

Guest boggie

Good to hear!

Well, I hope to return mine to an un-bodged non-leaking state by replacing the sump gasket. At least that will give me a chance to enlarge the dipstick hole in the upper baffle (catches on the way in).

B