Exmo Revamp

jaimo

Guest 2b cruising

Just to let you know, the head of a valve stem could not be a better tool for splitting the top of valve guides.

Careful with it now, no dropping or rolling it over.

Use a bit of cardboard and scribble number one at the front.

You can even make sure your rocker gear goes back where it came from then.

Guest mower man

Although I do see what other posters mean about valve storage you would have to be realy cack handed and unfotunate to damage them in a pinto head brcause of the cam brg towers ,ok it could happen and the peice of card board trick is better than nothing I used it for years and progressed to a piece of ply wood , also had a pair of head stands which worked on any thing from a single cyl head from a Duetz to an an Aston martin straight 6 --- happy days :crazy: mick

Once back from head masters he also relaxing valves in I will do the cardboard trick while rebuild done just fitting standard cam for now then when finances allow I will fit updated cam As going to cut hole in bulkhead so can do with engine fitted just got a few more bits to source for engine such as

Oil pump

Oil filter

Oil

Engine paint etc

Ordered oil pump,and a full gasket set so whatever gaskets I missing will have when start building

So now just paint to sort

Head going headmasters Wednesday all being well so as soon as we move in house all systems go

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well house renovation taking too much time and money so on with polo rad and kenlowe fan and leave 1800 in till after stoneleigh then get engine done

Edited by jaimo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest h34ds

Jaimo, have you got this up and running yet.

Ours is now up and running, needs the carb tweaking and we can go out and enjoy the roads!

Not yet mate the house just took all funds and time just gonna do rad and fan and build engine after stoneleigh it's going wether on own steam Orr breakdown truck we will get your carbs tweaked mate