Exmo Revamp

jaimo

Right firstly mick how are you fixed for weekend to have a go at car if we can't get it going good

Then going to arrange a open help day o 25th weather dependent to fit bike carbs and megajolt and catch tank somewhere lol

Any volunteers plenty of refreshments and food

I will hopefully work out where be sensor bracket goes as got set up ready wired

Need to fit trigger wheel to spare pulley I have but not sure how to sort the 90 degree missing tooth thing don't know which side. Of pulley the bracket sits does it matter or where yet so was thinking of making mounting holes so wheel can be located either way in English how do I make sure missing tooth at 90 degree side dependant if that makes sense mite have to make new bracket if can't work out how to fit this one

Edited by jaimo

If it was me, I would get Mick to sort it and get it running nicely. Then get out in it during the summer and enjoy it. Leave these upgrades until the winter period. Use the summer period to make your brackets etc.

Plenty of fitting and setting up info for the megajolt on the megajolt site.

Guest mower man

Right firstly mick how are you fixed for weekend to have a go at car if we can't get it going good

Then going to arrange a open help day o 25th weather dependent to fit bike carbs and megajolt and catch tank somewhere lol

Any volunteers plenty of refreshments and food

I will hopefully work out where be sensor bracket goes as got set up ready wired

Need to fit trigger wheel to spare pulley I have but not sure how to sort the 90 degree missing tooth thing don't know which side. Of pulley the bracket sits does it matter or where yet so was thinking of making mounting holes so wheel can be located either way in English how do I make sure missing tooth at 90 degree side dependant if that makes sense mite have to make new bracket if can't work out how to fit this one

If you mean this coming weekend yes but not all day are you coming to me or me to you ?, NEED YOUR ADRESS!!!! answer as soon as possible!! mick :crazy:

Guest mower man

If it was me, I would get Mick to sort it and get it running nicely. Then get out in it during the summer and enjoy it. Leave these upgrades until the winter period. Use the summer period to make your brackets etc.

Plenty of fitting and setting up info for the megajolt on the megajolt site.

Some sense at last!!!!!mick

Guest 2b cruising

Just shows how slow the post office messaging service can be sometime Mick.

Usually does get there in the end though.

Edited by 2b cruising

See what happens when mick plays, if goes well run it as said, if carb is issue which I don't think it is then fit bike carbs but without megajolt, one upgrade at a time! Ran mine without and was fine once you have it running well install megajolt over winter!

I used to be the same but since doing one thing at a time things go better

• Like 1

I think vac advance has gone on dizzy as when sucking on it just keeps going no resistance same happened to my old one seems like its destroying them if that case didn't want to buy another dizzy when hot megajolt sat here

Don't need vac advance with the bike carbs, I never did! Besides stop getting ahead of yourself no more contemplating things! Go get the basis done as everyone keeps telling you even I you don't think it will work. If you do what people tell you correctly it helps us to diagnose the problem.

So that's set timing properly and valve clearance. Then we look elsewhere!

Edited by unclechief

Guest 2b cruising

If it's not needed, that open vac line won't help your running.

Block it off and see if your problems are solved or at least running better.

Guest Gargoil

Has anyone put this thread up for next years "Soap Awards"?

Now that Tractor has done his bit, will he keep tinkering?

Will Mick get Jaimo's address and will he bring his punishment slipper with him, when he visits?

Will Keith finally admit that he is falling for the charms of the Exmo and offer to take her out?

Can Jaimo resist fitting the turbocharger he pulled of a Ford transit last year, or is this a step too far, even for the young whippersnapper?

Can Ken use his GBS mind meld and cure the rough running Exmo from afar and will he ever recover from the experience.

These and many more questions asked and answered in the next installment of

Jaimos Exmo revamp (in space)

"obviously, don't take this too seriously, too much time on my hands".

Guest Ian & Carole

...............and will he find a box of commas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and full stops................... eventually ???

:rofl: :rofl: :sorry:

Guest mower man

If he is not in touch in the next 24 hrs Mick will not be going this weekend or any other ,I'm a fairly patient sort and enjoy helping folks but enough is enough ! he would test the patience of a saint , if any of you think I am wrong please say so but it will not move me I am brassed of with the guy :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: mick :acute:

Thought you had sent me your address mick was coming through on Sat morning about 10 weather depending as we said or you can come to mine 242 barnby dun Rd dn24rf it's up to you