Exmo Revamp

jaimo

So basically with the power spark unit I don't need amplifier that mine has just thinking get one then do megajolt in winter

Just had live earth anf coil obviously Chuck amplifier eddis type thing in bin

Edited by jaimo

Not sure look on accu spark website and give them a call. With regards trigger wheel I'm not sure, timing is set by the megajolt so don't think it matters but would have said set the missing tooth to Tdc. Again have a look on the trigger wheels web site or google it

From the web site:

A simple installation procedure to follow:

Mount the sensor in any convenient way that simplifies bracket design and accommodates mounting points on the engine block.

Turn the crankshaft to precise Top Dead Center (TDC) for cylinder #1.

Position the timing wheel onto the crank pulley with the missing tooth aligned to the sensor.

Now offset the the timing wheel position:

If your engine turns clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel clockwise "N" Teeth.

If your engine turns counter-clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel counter-clockwise "N" Teeth.

mark this final location of the sensor wheel onto the crank pulley- then weld or bolt timing wheel into place as appropriate.

For a 4 cylinder engine N = 9 teeth

Megajolt site: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide

Cb750 thanks I get it now just needed it putting in simple terms my head not wot it used to be little things are hard to get together in there wot I had in my head for this was correct I as over complicating things as usual

• Like 1

Right ordered and received a few bits

Oil catch tank

Breather elbow for block

13mm barb fitting for rocker breather

Pinto stem seals to replace poor seating cvh ones

(Suppose got to remove head again)

Decided to live with dizzy for now and enjoy but decided to order rest of bits for megajolt and bike carbs install

Megajolt lead

timming wheel

Heavy duty inlet gasket

Soldeeless nipples for cables

So now got everything ready for when needed

Just a couple of questions now I got lead for PC how do I bench check megajolt to see if all's well and working in other check in house not in car heard about powering with 9v battery how ??

And best way to mount trigger wheel (my thought give spare pulley an wheel to steamer )

As in fixing not location think I worked that out

Edited by jaimo

Well just powered the !megajolt up on kitchen table on laptop with 9v battery and all looks good still got map on so if got time megajolt and bike carbs will be on before steam rally but will leave original wiring there for coil and amplifier first just in case any probs

Can I fit megajolt and fire it up on map that on with the Weber 32/36 to make sure Ok because megajolt is tps so I know not ideal for Weber as not vac but just want to make sure megajolt runs before removing anyone know

Fit the megajolt, coils, sensor and trigger wheel plus edis4. Wire it all up then disconnect the megajolt. Fire up the engine and check the timing. It should be 10 degrees as it should be running in edis limp home mode. If you rev it the timing won't change. Connect the megajolt and it should work and timing will change in accordance with the revs but not the tps. If you look at your map you will see what ignition advance to expect at zero tps input

Looked today and sorted bracket for sensor so hopefully mount trigger wheel this week and then on with megajolt and maybe even bike carbs a run out on Wednesday to meet if weather Ok will make me decide wether to fit or wait depends how it runs

Oh and got to get regulator or bike fuel pump

Edited by jaimo

Well found a problem tonight sat at sensor and bracket on spare engine and sat pulley on to check trigger wheel alignment and found that the sensor is in front on pulley to far thus will be set to far forward to read trigger wheel only conclusion I have got is that it must of originally been on a Pinto with twin bottom pulley so further out would the trigger wheel be so two choices find a double pulley (anyone got one) or space out trigger wheel away from pulley options please

Guest 2b cruising

Jaimo, how big will the gap be as is now.

Or is the sensor to long and hitting the trigger wheel

Air gaps on sensors are only though's of inches.

Not seen one set up on a pinto so can't picture the system.

I would have thought the trigger was fixed to the pulley either front or back and the sensor bracketed to the engine crankcase. Adjusting the gap by moving the bracket.